Valve Ticking, and getting worse daily

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Woodie

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
Ronzuki

Bottom line here is if the OP has to rebuild, or even replace w/ salvage, this engine in a used high-mileage Kizashi with obviously questionable (lack of) maintenance, it just simply isn't worth it. Unless one has the facility, tools, and know-how, and, doesn't need the vehicle to DD, and, has more money to throw at it than the car could ever possibly be worth, and, is doing it just for hobby/fun.

Let's face it, the thing is absolutely worthless at this point if the chemical treatments didn't do anything to relieve its oil constipation.

AS always when purchasing anything used (and probably abused)....buyer be very a-ware.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
KuroNekko

Given the original post, I don't think it's the connecting rod. Bent ones sound really horrible even at idle. I think the sludge just moved to other parts and is making matters worse. It probably now necessitates professional physical removal and then proper chemical treatment. It's unclear what the OP used since the first post in terms of an additive to the oil.
Ronzuki wrote:Bottom line here is if the OP has to rebuild, or even replace w/ salvage, this engine in a used high-mileage Kizashi with obviously questionable (lack of) maintenance, it just simply isn't worth it. Unless one has the facility, tools, and know-how, and, doesn't need the vehicle to DD, and, has more money to throw at it than the car could ever possibly be worth, and, is doing it just for hobby/fun.

Let's face it, the thing is absolutely worthless at this point if the chemical treatments didn't do anything to relieve its oil constipation.

AS always when purchasing anything used (and probably abused)....buyer be very a-ware.
Unfortunately, this I fully agree with.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
LPSISRL

Camel wrote:Sorry, Aussie vernacular. Big-end means that part of the connecting rod which attaches to the crankshaft, i.e. the 'big end' of the conrod.
Makes perfect sense. Thanks!
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
kizashiwanter

Do you have instructions on how to check valve clearances in Kizashi with a CVT gearbox?