CVT shifting issues in cold weather

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
AXMARKUSXA

old tech wrote:Any way you can get the trans trouble codes read . jot them down , erase and drive again till you have more symptoms and recheck codes ? Does this thing still have the original fluid in it ? It sounds like its falling in to limp mode and the coeds may help me figure out whats going on . What region do you live in ?
I live in north texas, bought the car here too. Taking it in for a trans fluid change and both filters, gonna see if.that changes anything. Start simple and cheap first. The only thing I remember about a code was something about a blockage in the trans but that was years ago and no check.light since I've done the restart trick
AXMARKUSXA

Well... I threw in the towel with it while I could get more than $200 for it. Availability for parts and the possibility of the trans falling out in 3k miles after the change just isn't worth being stranded. Went with a brand new kia forte with an IVT (yeah... I know... I wanted the stick but the wife couldn't drive then) gonna give her some love so maybe I can maximize the lifespan of this trans. If anyone wants my kizzy it's in Norman, OK at big reds :lol: I appreciate y'alls help out there just disappointed I burned that money on all that redline fluid

Cheers 8-)
Woodie

I don't get that. You lost a wonderful car because of the stupidity that is CVT, and replaced it with another car with CVT? Should have stepped up to the GT, it has a dual clutch transmission.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
AXMARKUSXA

The gt was too high of monthly payment and the wife can't drive stick. Yeah I'm stuck with another cvt style tranny but at least I'll know exactly the maintenance performed on it. Won't have this happen again
Woodie

The dual clutch is a manual that shifts itself. Just like an automatic in operation, but with the increased power and mileage of a manual. Maintain it all you like, a CVT is a very dodgy proposition, just a bad idea.

If it cost too much then that's that. Understandable decision.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency