2012 Kizashi Cruise Control speed toggle switch problem

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
adegiulio

My friend owns a 2012 Kizashi which he has asked my help in fixing. The issue is that the cruise control SET/RES toggle switch isn't working properly. Specifically, he feels the normal resistance when pushing it up (it also does what it is supposed to), but there is no resistance when pushing down, nor is there any response from the car. In researching the fix, I haven't been able to find any advice on pulling apart the steering wheel and replacing this faulty switch. I have come across a couple of references which state the switches are not replaceable and the entire steering wheel must be replace. To make matters worse, from what I see on the web, parts are very difficult to come by here in the United States.

So, before I go back and tell my friend the bad news I've uncovered, I figured it was worth the time to ask you folks, the experts, on whether or not this part is replaceable and how.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice!
SAEED_KIZZY

adegiulio wrote:My friend owns a 2012 Kizashi which he has asked my help in fixing. The issue is that the cruise control SET/RES toggle switch isn't working properly. Specifically, he feels the normal resistance when pushing it up (it also does what it is supposed to), but there is no resistance when pushing down, nor is there any response from the car. In researching the fix, I haven't been able to find any advice on pulling apart the steering wheel and replacing this faulty switch. I have come across a couple of references which state the switches are not replaceable and the entire steering wheel must be replace. To make matters worse, from what I see on the web, parts are very difficult to come by here in the United States.

So, before I go back and tell my friend the bad news I've uncovered, I figured it was worth the time to ask you folks, the experts, on whether or not this part is replaceable and how.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice!
adegiulio, If you can find replacement (on ebay for example), you can change it by removing steering wheel in order to do that you need steering wheel puller tool and then after removing it plastic cover steering wheel can be release from behind and after that unscrew and disconnect wire from cruise control connector you replace it with spare part.
remember to disable air bag system before removing steering wheel.
cruise control function is simple hopefully after removing it you can fix it by disassembling it or using contact cleaner spray this is procedure on kizashi service manual to check it( in case you are not already read it)
New Bitmap Image.jpg
New Bitmap Image.jpg (94.88 KiB) Viewed 4902 times
old tech

You have confirmed there are no trouble codes stored on engine or transmission modules ? If there is a code it will disable cruise .
adegiulio

old tech wrote:You have confirmed there are no trouble codes stored on engine or transmission modules ? If there is a code it will disable cruise .
The cruise control works, its just that switch that doesnt work.
old tech

This switch failure is certainly not common and separate from the air bag which should leave many steering wheels at the salvage yards and u pull it yards . Try car-part .com . Or, I have 3 spare wheels, If one is a match I'll sell for $30+shipping from n/w pa.
'
Ronzuki

old tech wrote: I have 3 spare wheels, If one is a match...
:lol: hording parts are we? Starting to sound like a Samurai forum...I have a spare transfer case....
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
old tech

I wouldnt refer to it as hording, I like to think of it as saving it from the crusher and helping someone out down the the road.