Question about steering wheel lock

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
dslatsh

Does anyone know if the steering wheel is supposed to be able to be freely moved when the car is turned to on with accessories? Most cars that take keys when turned to on prior to ignition will allow the wheel to be moved freely as if weere going on a drive....mine seems to stay tightly locked....
BLyons

Are you pushing the button twice, or just once? I believe it should be unlocking when you push it twice. It's possible that yours is failing.
Black 2011 Sport SLS AWD
dslatsh

Twice. When looking in manual it says that on the guage cluster that the steering wheel light will illuminate until vehicle is turned over...so guessing maybe it doesn't loosen wheel until vehicle is on? Since that light means.that the wheel is locked.or issue with it when on while driving
KuroNekko

You can test this without starting the car, I think. After all, one push will turn on accessories. Two will turn on the car, however, turning on the engine will require stepping on a foot pedal. For a manual, you definitely need to depress the clutch pedal to start the engine. For an automatic, I'm sure the brake pedal must be depressed. Hence, you can test when the steering lock disengagement occurs by listening for it without stepping on any pedals as you press the Start button. This will prevent the engine from turning on so you can determine if the unlocking is paired with the engine ignition or not. If you don't hear the lock mechanism, then it's likely set to release with engine ignition (which is what I believe occurs).
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Woodie

And it doesn't lock again until you open the door to get out.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency