Clutch Replacement

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Mokachino

Hey all,

I've recently been running into an issue with my clutch, the action on the pedal is basically right on the floor and I'm having trouble shifting between gears, getting slight crunching as well even with the clutch pedal pressed as far down as physically possible. I've basically decided the clutch needs replacing, the car is at 140,000kms seems about the right time for it.

I've grabbed a rear main seal and a replacement Exedy clutch with CSC. My question is what else would I possibly need if any of you have done a clutch replacement yourselves?

I've got the torque settings for pressure plate and the flywheel. Rear main seal just because I may as well if I'm taking it all out anyway.

Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks,
Lachlan
Woodie

Sounds to me as if the problem lies with the master/slave cylinder. A worn out clutch will usually slip, yours is not slipping when you want it to. It's certainly a lot easier to work on, first thing to try would to change/bleed the fluid.

https://kizashiclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3257
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
KuroNekko

I agree with Woodie. A worn out clutch doesn't affect the shifting or pedal position. You can tell it's worn out by the clutch engagement and noticeable slip. Your problem sounds like a hydraulic pressure issue and as Woodie stated, probably lies within the master/slave cylinder.

Where did you get your replacement clutch by the way?
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Ronzuki

A bad throw-out bearing can sometimes be the cause a similar symptom. If not master cylinder issues, and you have to open it up to replace the clutch, def. add throw-out bearing to the list of replaceables.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
Mokachino

I got my clutch replacement online, from an ebay shop called superspares. It's an EXEDY - SZK-8624 with concentric slave cylinder included.

I'm looking for a master cylinder now, I'm still going to replace the clutch as I've already spend $550 on getting one. Plus my mechanic relative assures me it's the clutch worn out. Hopefully it is as I don't want to have wasted all that money lol.

Can't seem to locate a spare part for the throw-out bearing. Does it go by any other names or have you guys got a product code for it or somewhere I can look it up?
Woodie

From the picture they're using it appears as if the slave cylinder includes the throwout bearing.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
Ronzuki

Yes, sometimes clutch kits come with, sometimes they don't...just depends. Much like many other things. Just wanted to make you aware so the lack of a $5 part didn't hold up the works. Good luck with it and let us know how it all turns out.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
Mokachino

Clutch replacement is done, it was definitely a clutch problem. the clutch was in tatters when we got it off. New dilemma however. When we dropped the gearbox out we had to remove the gear linkage cables. the side one was no problem but the top one had a stupid piece of plastic/rubber holding it to the ball. We didn't have the tool to release it so we had to break it. (It was as brittle as anything by the way) but do you think I can find a replacement for it.. nope...
Mokachino

Update 1.0: Sourced and replaced gear linkage cable, however car would not start still. Every time we attempted to start the car a 15a fuse would blow in the kick panel. Took the car to Suzuki's to diagnose the problem.

Update 2.0: The car is now running, the Suzuki dealer had no idea and tried to charge me for 3 hours diagnosing without actually giving me a prognosis. So I tore them a new one until they dropped all fees. We ended up fixing it ourselves. It was just an earth lead with a bad connection, we scuffed it up and it started first time after we replaced the fuse that was blowing.

However, while the clutch was in fact ruined. That wasn't what was causing my problems. Apparently the clutch pedal bracket has broken and the pedal is slowly but surely bending closer and closer to the floor. Now I'm struggling to find a replacement part for that and it's supposedly a very large job where the majority of the dash has to come out.

This car has been a nightmare for me, selling it as soon as it's fixed. Cannot wait to be rid of it.
SAEED_KIZZY

Mokachino wrote:Update 1.0: Sourced and replaced gear linkage cable, however car would not start still. Every time we attempted to start the car a 15a fuse would blow in the kick panel. Took the car to Suzuki's to diagnose the problem.

Update 2.0: The car is now running, the Suzuki dealer had no idea and tried to charge me for 3 hours diagnosing without actually giving me a prognosis. So I tore them a new one until they dropped all fees. We ended up fixing it ourselves. It was just an earth lead with a bad connection, we scuffed it up and it started first time after we replaced the fuse that was blowing.

However, while the clutch was in fact ruined. That wasn't what was causing my problems. Apparently the clutch pedal bracket has broken and the pedal is slowly but surely bending closer and closer to the floor. Now I'm struggling to find a replacement part for that and it's supposedly a very large job where the majority of the dash has to come out.

This car has been a nightmare for me, selling it as soon as it's fixed. Cannot wait to be rid of it.
it's a shame. 140,000 Km for Kizashi specially manual gear box is nothing. I am not professional but if I want to change any part on my car I use OEM parts only.