TSB 06 03296 water pump leak

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
GREG

Anyone have any info on this service bulletin? I had read a mention of coolant leak being discovered on one of the long term testers but they never pursued it, maybe because they are not making the payments.
autopiolet

I haven't heard anything about this. I haven't noticed any leaks but I'll check my radiator next time I'm out.
Moto
Site Admin

I hadn't seen that yet. It looks like it applies to the Equator and not the Kizashi though?
GREG

on suzukis pit stop plus web page it listed for the kizashi
Moto
Site Admin

Oh, that's strange if you just google the number it appears to be for the Equator, but I think the pitstop plus page is probably the best source so if it is on there it is probably for the kizashi.
sloopercat

I would not get too excited, TSB's only apply when there is a problem.
Hardermods

SUBJECT: WATER PUMP LEAK

MODEL(S): ALL

YEAR: ALL

CONDITION: Signs of coolant leakage at water pump weep hole.

CAUSE: During break in, some coolant will pass through the seal and leave green
white deposits around and below the weep hole.

CORRECTION: If these deposits of coolant are found around the weep hole do not replace water pump.
If these deposits of coolant are found and coolant is visibly leaking from
hole enough to drip on to the ground, replace the water pump.
mapeterson2

I'll keep an eye out for when I get mine. Thanks.
2005 Pontiac GTO - 375 rwhp
2001 Ford Ranger XLT - Stock w/ 6 inch lift
xwiredtva

My Kizzi had this problem. I had a coolant smell for 4 months and some white stains on the pump and lower area. We found coolant (about an ounce) after letting the car idle for 20mins at the dealer.

It stoppped and hasn't leaked. Cars under warranty and I've had 4 new Suzuki's in the last 7 years. Ever time I had warranty work done (twice so what ever it's worth) they went over the top. The rental car was paid for (Enterprise and they authorized an H3 when my XL7 went down, Lancer GTS when my SX4 had an issue) and I laid out nothing. With the SX4 it was scheduled and the Lancer was waiting for me when I got there, 2 days later and they repaired more than was needed, extended the warranty, wash and wax, cleaned the interior and filled up the tank. I was more than pleased.