CVT problem?

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
kizashiwanter

Hello,
I gave the car to the mechanic because something hummed when turning left and driving straight above> 100km / h. I thought it was a bearing but the mechanic says that with the bearing everything is OK and suggests the gearbox. Any idea what it can be? anyone had similarly?
old tech

If Im understanding you correctly, your car is making a bearing noise related to wheel speed and more so when turning left such as an on ramp ? If so you most likely have a wheel bearing failing. This would be rare but stress of an accident or water intrusion or work done on car and axle nut to left loose or tight could take away some of its longevity . I would suggest a second opinion only this time , drive the car 4 miles to really warm the bearings as this will make it a little more noticeable. The cvt transmission can have bearing failure also but the noise isnt likely to change with the on ramp stress , it could be trans if it changed with acceleration or deceleration.
kizashiwanter

This is the oil level in the gear box with the cold engine (engine turned off):

This is the oil level in the gear box with the engine temperature about 30 Celsius degrees (engine running) :

this is the oil level in the gear box with the engine temperature about 90 Celsius degrees (engine turned off):

And this is what it should look like according to the Suzuki service note:

according to the service note, the oil level in the box should increase as the temperature rises. In my case it decreases. Any ideas?
kizashiwanter

and this is how my gear box sounds:
Tom Kizzie

I am no expert but it seems noisy and not that healthy from what i can hear. The RPMs seem to go down @ the same time that the car is still accelerating?!
kizashi 6mt black
kizashiwanter

Tom Kizzie wrote:The RPMs seem to go down @ the same time that the car is still accelerating?!
Yes
Ronzuki

kizashiwanter wrote:
Tom Kizzie wrote:The RPMs seem to go down @ the same time that the car is still accelerating?!
Yes
Yeah... that's not a good sign.

EDIT: assuming under throttle...
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
kizashiwanter

Do you suspect what could have been broken on the basis of symptoms?
old tech

Your bearing noise is loud enough that it should not be a problem to find although just listening to a recording doesnt help in pinpointing it. First , make sure its not a wheel bearing by road test. There shouldnt be any real change in the noise on lane change or stress right or left like off ramp. If there is ,it would likely be a wheel bearing . You could raise the car ,accelerate in gear and feel the vibration through the coil spring to confirm which side. It acts an antenna in this case.If noise change is just speed and load , then I could believe its transmission . Raise vehicle , accelerate in gear while listening to transmission case with stethoscope or even a long screwdriver or piece of hose. There are eight bearings in these that can fail , but almost always , the primary pulley explodes due to six locating balls getting worn down to nothing and the pulley tries to run them over. Bearings are available but I wouldnt buy them without checking primary and flow control in pump and push belt.