Rear shock clunking

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
pix74

I suddenly have a doubt regarding what I ordered, can you please advise me : I ordered the plastic bushing (black part on the picture above), when you are all talking about the rear shock mount are you talking about these plastic bushing or the metallic part below this bushing ?

I'm a bit lost if I have to order the part N°32 or 33
(even the 30-31 If I understand this one gets corroded as well)

vratnik

In my case it was loosened BOTTOM bolt. Apparently I didn't use enough force when tightening it after replacement of shocks. After a few kilometers it started making this sound at every slightest bump. I used a rod and then hammer to tighten it as Hulk would. Silence since then.
old tech

pix74 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:44 pm I suddenly have a doubt regarding what I ordered, can you please advise me : I ordered the plastic bushing (black part on the picture above), when you are all talking about the rear shock mount are you talking about these plastic bushing or the metallic part below this bushing ?

I'm a bit lost if I have to order the part N°32 or 33
(even the 30-31 If I understand this one gets corroded as well)

The shock mount that commonly corrodes and breaks is no. 32. If the 2 bolts securing this (no.35) break off , then it would be easiest to change bracket no. 30-31 Not cheap. If a noise over bumps is what you are going after , Check stabilizer bar to frame bushings and bottom shock bolts first.
Yari0839

Hi!! I have a Kizashi 2011 GTS i replace the number 30.31 mount, the shock and the sway bar link but the sound continue ☹️ I don't know what more can i replace. Anything is help for me
old tech

The stabilizer bar-to-frame bushing is the first item to check. It’s the cheapest and easiest. With the car sitting normally on flat ground grab the rear stabilizer bar and try to shake it. If it rattles, the bushings need replaced or at leased temporarily shimmed with a nickel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk