Help with possible coming issue. Slow to start, information screen reseting?

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
tybskiner

Hello everyone, I've been lurking this information gold mine of a site for about 5 years, first time posting. A few days ago my Kizashi started taking an extra second or 2 to start, weather hasn't been super cold or anything 40F average. Kind of sounds like it may not start at first. Then today I noticed the information screen in with the speedometer was showing the current mpg, I always keep it on miles to go, so I changed it back but it had went back to current mpg when I left work today. Also average speed, average mpg and miles to empty were all showing --- as if I had reset them. Not sure if these things are related. Just the first issues I've had in 5yrs. I haven't really started troubleshooting yet I figured I'd see if anyone here had similar experiences first.
Thanks in advance for the help.

2012 Kizashi SLS
~74,000 Miles
KuroNekko

tybskiner wrote:Hello everyone, I've been lurking this information gold mine of a site for about 5 years, first time posting. A few days ago my Kizashi started taking an extra second or 2 to start, weather hasn't been super cold or anything 40F average. Kind of sounds like it may not start at first. Then today I noticed the information screen in with the speedometer was showing the current mpg, I always keep it on miles to go, so I changed it back but it had went back to current mpg when I left work today. Also average speed, average mpg and miles to empty were all showing --- as if I had reset them. Not sure if these things are related. Just the first issues I've had in 5yrs. I haven't really started troubleshooting yet I figured I'd see if anyone here had similar experiences first.
Thanks in advance for the help.

2012 Kizashi SLS
~74,000 Miles
Really sounds like your battery is going out. The display resetting is what happens when the battery is disconnected or dying. I am assuming you are still on the original factory battery? Either way, replace the battery and you are very likely going to resolve this issue.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
tybskiner

Yep, still have the original battery. That had crossed my mind. Thanks I'll try a replacing it and see how it goes.
Ronzuki

that'll take care of it.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
tybskiner

Old battery tested around 10v, new battery and the ol' Kizashi is as good as new.
KuroNekko

tybskiner wrote:Old battery tested around 10v, new battery and the ol' Kizashi is as good as new.

Yeah, 10V is dead. RIP.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)