Kizashi 6sp MT shift knob thread pattern?

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
johnhenrydale

Hi All,
This may hav ebeen posted elsewhere in the forums but I can't seem to find it at the moment. Does anyone know the Kizashi 6sp MT shift knob thread pattern? Everything I see on Ebay or Amazon that "Fits" my 2011 "GLS" 6spMT looks like hot garbage from a Chinese slave labor factory. Any one have any tips on a nice, clean aluminum ball shaped shift knob either with or without the shift pattern graphics? Anyone know of a custom shop anywhere that does high quality work? I've finally gotten around to upgrading my 2011 RF stereo head unit with a Pioneer AVIC 8500 unit (which, by the way, is like giving your non-NAV equipped Kizashi a whole aesthetic and technological new lease on life) and now I've gotten the interior upgrade bug for reals. Any tips greatly appreciated!
2011 Kizashi Sport "GLS" 2WD
(GTS Upgrade project)
6sp MT
Azure Gray Metallic
Anthracite Gray Vossen CVT 19" / 5 x 114.3 +32
KuroNekko

johnhenrydale wrote:Hi All,
This may hav ebeen posted elsewhere in the forums but I can't seem to find it at the moment. Does anyone know the Kizashi 6sp MT shift knob thread pattern? Everything I see on Ebay or Amazon that "Fits" my 2011 "GLS" 6spMT looks like hot garbage from a Chinese slave labor factory. Any one have any tips on a nice, clean aluminum ball shaped shift knob either with or without the shift pattern graphics? Anyone know of a custom shop anywhere that does high quality work? I've finally gotten around to upgrading my 2011 RF stereo head unit with a Pioneer AVIC 8500 unit (which, by the way, is like giving your non-NAV equipped Kizashi a whole aesthetic and technological new lease on life) and now I've gotten the interior upgrade bug for reals. Any tips greatly appreciated!
M12xP1.25 - That's the threading for the shift knob. I know this because I have a custom knob and looked into the matter about 5 years ago. I ended up getting a universal shift knob that came with adapters in Japan. The only issue was that the shift collar position varies from car to car so it's not like the shift knob can be fully screwed in and everything work perfectly like the knob was specifically made for the car like the OE knob. Fortunately, I used some Gorilla glue once I found the perfect fitment and it's been solid ever since.

I've posted about my knob in the past and here's a picture from then. It looks exactly the same today. No wear or tear, largely because I avoided a leather or metal one; having had both in the past.
Metal ones get f*^king hot in the summer heat and also get scratched up over time. Leather ones wear out and get ugly wear patches. Mine is a weighted resin with a textured finish.

2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
johnhenrydale

Yeah I’ve heard that about the aluminum knobs, but fortunately my car is in the garage most of the day so even here in Florida it’s not a major issue for me. I’ve also got the windshield sun blocker always ready to go here because Florida. I just realized that a brushed aluminum knob would go exceedingly well with the kind of faux aluminum blades that extend from the center console. I had a vision of it after I put in the new stereo and now I’m on a mission. Even close to 10 years on I still think this car has one of the best looking interiors of any car on the road. I wonder what effect putting clear coat on an aluminum knob kight have?
2011 Kizashi Sport "GLS" 2WD
(GTS Upgrade project)
6sp MT
Azure Gray Metallic
Anthracite Gray Vossen CVT 19" / 5 x 114.3 +32