Issues with driver door unlock button

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
CasualKizashi

Hello everyone. I'm having trouble with 9the lock/unlock button on the driver door. (2011 SLS)

It only works some of the time, and has been getting worse since it started this week. The passenger door works just fine, but I have to push the driver one many times to open, if if does at all. I'm just using the fob now to avoid the hassle.

Has anyone had this issue? Could it be a wiring problem or a sensor? How would you suggest tackling this without having to spend a bunch to have it replaced at the shop?

Thank you all, I appreciate your help.
Ronzuki

mechanical switches wear out, plain and simple. Just wondering, the one on the outside door handle of the car or the interior switch?
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
CasualKizashi

It's the one on the outside. Is this pretty easy to replace?
Ronzuki

The switch, w/ its (2) short connectored pigtails, is part of the front door handle (p/n 82810-57810-your car's paint_code) and not called out separately in the parts book I have. Same p/n handle for both driver & passenger side doors. Looks like you'd have to replace the entire handle assembly. Therefore, I'd look for a salvage yard handle from a car same paint code as yours. You'll obviously need to access the mtg hardware from inside the door.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)