U0155

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
OliverB

I drove my Kizashi for about 2 hours and a half on the highway last Friday and the car has been parked outside ever since. Temperatures have been hovering around -3c during the day and -10c at night, nothing unusual. When I started the car an hour ago, I noticed my cluster wasn't lightning up. I thought maybe the lights weren't set to auto, but they were. Then I noticed the "AUTO" was flashing on the climate control. I pressed on the actual Auto button a couple of times but it was still flashing. Heated seats, vents, speed and everything else worked fine. I took my phone out and used the flashlight to check if the cluster was working and all the needles were sitting there, as if the engine wasn't running.

I scanned the car and U0155 came up: Lost communication with instrument panel cluster (IPC) Control Module.

I did a quick search and the only thing that came up was a thread on here where the member had many other codes along with U0115 and this one: viewtopic.php?t=3946

Service manual doesn't contain any instruction to troubleshoot that error code, but I'm guessing the best thing I can do is get a hold of another cluster/wire connectors and see what happens?

Edit: I did take a look at the fuse box layouts, but I haven't been able to find the one for the instrument panel.
Last edited by OliverB on Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2007 SX4
2011 Kizashi
SAEED_KIZZY

OliverB wrote:I drove my Kizashi for about 2 hours and a half on the highway last Friday and the car has been parked outside ever since. Temperatures have been hovering around -3c during the day and -10c at night, nothing unusual. When I started the car an hour ago, I noticed my cluster wasn't lightning up. I thought maybe the lights weren't set to auto, but they were. Then I noticed the "AUTO" was flashing on the climate control. I pressed on the actual Auto button a couple of times but it was still flashing. Heated seats, vents, speed and everything else worked fine. I took my phone out and used the flashlight to check if the cluster was working and all the needles were sitting there, as if the engine wasn't running.

I scanned the car and U0115 came up: Lost communication with instrument panel cluster (IPC) Control Module.

I did a quick search and the only thing that came up was a thread on here where the member had many other codes along with U0115 and this one: viewtopic.php?t=3946

Service manual doesn't contain any instruction to troubleshoot that error code, but I'm guessing the best thing I can do is get a hold of another cluster/wire connectors and see what happens?

Edit: I did take a look at the fuse box layouts, but I haven't been able to find the one for the instrument panel.
you mean U0155
OliverB

SAEED_KIZZY wrote: you mean U0155
Yes, my bad... :(
2007 SX4
2011 Kizashi
old tech

When you scanned vehicle, did that include all modules ? Did you try erasing codes with engine running ? (eliminating stress of starter draw to possibly poor connection , ground or failing battery causing code to set. A few places Ive learned not to overlook; pos clamp to cables and fuse links corrosion . Grounds ; lower front of trans , upper engine block under throttle body , and one next to alternator. These dont get much care when trannies or engines are replaced only to show up later with strange electrical glitches.
OliverB

Yeah, I did a full scan and U0155 was the only code that came up and I did not try to clear it. I'm currently working a couple hours from home and driving a car with a non-working instruments cluster isn't really my cup of tea, so I will have to look a ground connections next weekend. I looked at the service manual again this morning and I still can't figure out which fuse is being used to deliver power to the cluster.
2007 SX4
2011 Kizashi
SAEED_KIZZY

OliverB wrote:Yeah, I did a full scan and U0155 was the only code that came up and I did not try to clear it. I'm currently working a couple hours from home and driving a car with a non-working instruments cluster isn't really my cup of tea, so I will have to look a ground connections next weekend. I looked at the service manual again this morning and I still can't figure out which fuse is being used to deliver power to the cluster.
the cluster uses 2 fuses in Fuse Box No. 2 (In J/B)
- DOME FUSE
- MTR FUSE
OliverB

SAEED_KIZZY wrote: the cluster uses 2 fuses in Fuse Box No. 2 (In J/B)
- DOME FUSE
- MTR FUSE
Thanks, I'll check them out.
2007 SX4
2011 Kizashi
OliverB

"Solved" the problem by doing absolutely nothing. :|
2007 SX4
2011 Kizashi