Terrible noise. CVT or something else? I recorded several videos

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Jfge8618

Boy that sounds kind off like mine did. Mine only did it at taking off or when I had to accelerate hard for x or y reason. And it was the cvt mount that was broken. And when I mean broken mean in two pieces but could not figure out the problem because from the bottom looked ok but from the top the rubber was all broken off.

Now I'm not saying it's the mount but I hope it is because it saved me 2000usd.

PS I could not find a replacement In the country where I'm at so I had to order it its gonna take a month or so to get here. So for the mean while I just glued it with urethane for windshields and its been about a week since with no noise and driving better than ever.

kizashiwanter wrote:Hello, basically since I bought my Kizi 2010 CVT AWD I have been concerned about the sounds. At first, the disturbing sound was heard only when slowing down the car, then the noise accompanied me all the time. Now it is very bad what you can hear on vidoes. I was at several mechanics. They replaced all wheel bearings, checked suspension and drive system. The only thing that was not removed is the CVT and differential. Some mechanics indicated that the transmission was to blame and wanted for repair 1/3 of the car's value.
If the CVT is damaged, the sounds should go away after switching to N?
The computer was connected to the engine and CVT and didn't detect any errors.
Oil in CVT and differential has been changed recently

Driving noises:

I put it on N while driving

I change gears through the paddles on the steering wheel

I change gears in manual mode
old tech

I think it’s safe to say a bearing has failed . There are 6 bearings in the cvt trans unit . The one I’m betting on is the countershaft. This is very much repairable and at the same time renew the primary balls or convert to long pin is my favorite . Here the total parts and labor would be $1500 with warranty . I know many shops don’t deal with cvt but there are many who do. Here is a picture of what I suspect is causing your noise.Image
The Trans has to be pulled and the bellhousing removed to gain access. This is a pretty rare failure .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk