Terrible noise. CVT or something else? I recorded several videos

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
kizashiwanter

Hello, basically since I bought my Kizi 2010 CVT AWD I have been concerned about the sounds. At first, the disturbing sound was heard only when slowing down the car, then the noise accompanied me all the time. Now it is very bad what you can hear on vidoes. I was at several mechanics. They replaced all wheel bearings, checked suspension and drive system. The only thing that was not removed is the CVT and differential. Some mechanics indicated that the transmission was to blame and wanted for repair 1/3 of the car's value.
If the CVT is damaged, the sounds should go away after switching to N?
The computer was connected to the engine and CVT and didn't detect any errors.
Oil in CVT and differential has been changed recently

Driving noises:

I put it on N while driving

I change gears through the paddles on the steering wheel

I change gears in manual mode
Quimicax

Recommendation Put The Car In A Lifting Jacks And Run It In The Air To Know Exactly Where It Comes From.!!
Kizashi GTS 2013 AWD
DRL Off / Foglights Without Headlights

Ford Explorer Sport 2013
350Rwhp

Nissan Xtrail 2017
kizashiwanter

When I lift one side of the car on the jack, I understand that the gearbox must be in position P?
kizashiwanter

Today I was in vulcanization use their jack and the axels look probably OK. Both axels have minimal clearance on the differential side. I don't know if such a small clearance is the norm?
old tech

A 2011 original transmission will have a vin tag near left axle. If this trans is is the original one for your car, the vin is going to match right. Also , look for any tell tale signs of work done such as sealant or gasket material between case sections. I suspect bearing failure in the trans and this is not common for Kizashi but the Jeeps jf011e however did. I would run car on the lift and lay a hand on the transfer case to rule this unit out but as long as there is gear oil in it, not much of a chance of failure there, its really just a bevel gear. 140k miles on your trans... youve done better than most. Where are you? I can get you connected with any parts if you want to fix your unit or I have access to very low mile ones also.
Quimicax

old tech wrote:A 2011 original transmission will have a vin tag near left axle. If this trans is is the original one for your car, the vin is going to match right. Also , look for any tell tale signs of work done such as sealant or gasket material between case sections. I suspect bearing failure in the trans and this is not common for Kizashi but the Jeeps jf011e however did. I would run car on the lift and lay a hand on the transfer case to rule this unit out but as long as there is gear oil in it, not much of a chance of failure there, its really just a bevel gear. 140k miles on your trans... youve done better than most. Where are you? I can get you connected with any parts if you want to fix your unit or I have access to very low mile ones also.
How much is the maximum mileage you have seen in this transmission?
I have 128,000 miles (2013 AWD) but I don't know if it's the original box or not,
I changed the fluids and the magnets were super clean
Kizashi GTS 2013 AWD

Ford Explorer Sport 2013
350Rwhp

Nissan Xtrail 2017
old tech

Highest verified miles that Ive seen is 210k . The car was used in Boston. Not to many hills that way. On pan debris,its the silver or chrome looking ball peelings to look for. they are heavy and tend to stay put on the rear of the pan floor. I always add 5 small magnets back there.
Quimicax

old tech wrote:Highest verified miles that Ive seen is 210k . The car was used in Boston. Not to many hills that way. On pan debris,its the silver or chrome looking ball peelings to look for. they are heavy and tend to stay put on the rear of the pan floor. I always add 5 small magnets back there.

Thanks a lot, that's a very good point, To know if the transmission is the original, I have to verify the code?
Kizashi GTS 2013 AWD

Ford Explorer Sport 2013
350Rwhp

Nissan Xtrail 2017
kizashiwanter

old tech wrote:Where are you?
Poland.

Ok, so I have to accept that the gearbox is dead
Quimicax

kizashiwanter wrote:
old tech wrote:Where are you?
Poland.

Ok, so I have to accept that the gearbox is dead
always check first, oldtech gave some points to see.!
Kizashi GTS 2013 AWD

Ford Explorer Sport 2013
350Rwhp

Nissan Xtrail 2017