Recall passenger side seat cushion

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
black7

I meant to ask, is the new material perforated? Can't tell in from your pic
KlutzNinja

black7 wrote:Thanks for the pics -
My seats actually look more like the new one in your pics. I don't have a lot of wear on mine - 2011 with only 70 kms on it.
I don't have white stitching on my originals - if the stitching is in black on the replacement, I think I'll go for it.
Thanks again.
The replacement seat has white stitching that matches my original seat's stitching. And yes it is perforated like the original. What Kizashi trim do you have? I have a GTS Sport, and I forget if the Sport models received white stitching in select areas, but they may have. I would imagine/hope that the service centers have replacement seats with both black and white stitching. But who really knows?
The main differences between the original and replacement is that the central cushion extends farther than the original, which does indeed provide slightly better thigh support, but not anything worth getting the recall for haha. The central cushions are also a bit more cushioned looking than my driver's seat, which in comparison is pretty flat, although that may be in part from the use (63+ thousand miles so far). The central cushions also appear more square, whereas the original was better integrated into the overall design. The side cushions are flatter/straighter than the original's, which flair out a bit. This makes the replacement's look narrow and odd in comparison. I have a top-down view of the new one that shows what I mean better than I can describe it. But in the end the new seat bottom looks cobbled together from various parts/cushions, while the original felt more organic in design, like it was designed as one piece from the start.

I haven't been able to get the other pictures up yet because they're too "large," but I'll keep trying. I have better angles that show the difference between the seat bottoms.
If the shape of the replacement cushions were not as different from the original as they are, I would be more encouraging of having this recall performed; the difference in material appearance is borderline acceptable for me, personally. But alas, the cushion shape bothers me a bit, so I cannot wholeheartedly recommend this recall unless it is absolutely mandatory. It's your choice in the end. But again I will try to upload the other pictures that tell the story better, perhaps later today.
Current: Blue 2018 Mazda 3 GT 5-Door
Previous: Blue 2010 Ford Focus SES,
Black 2013 Kizashi Sport GTS-L (CVT; FWD)(RIP)
KlutzNinja

Welp I think I learned how to upload directly from my phone lol. Sorry that the photos’ orientations aren’t how they originally were
Attachments
5600E1C9-D60D-4E1C-BA1E-EBDA551B796E.jpeg
5600E1C9-D60D-4E1C-BA1E-EBDA551B796E.jpeg (232.81 KiB) Viewed 4004 times
D6C16072-5668-4F39-B51C-AFA8D3729A02.jpeg
D6C16072-5668-4F39-B51C-AFA8D3729A02.jpeg (289.47 KiB) Viewed 4004 times
215DE32D-7952-4502-A61A-436766A0D326.jpeg
215DE32D-7952-4502-A61A-436766A0D326.jpeg (339.71 KiB) Viewed 4004 times
KlutzNinja

I realized I wasn’t sure what the Kizashi’s seats looked like while new; I’ve personally sat in two used Kizashis with leather and about 50+k miles on them (one of them being mine), and while I’ve seen and read a ton of reviews I never noticed the seats. So I did a google search just now and found they’re actually pretty similar to what was installed in my car. I think the leather of my car’s original seats got shrunken, as has been known to happen. So that’s why the thigh extension looks so different. But in this pic of a fresher Kizashi, the seat looks very similar to the recall replacement.
Attachments
1326C88F-1414-4E4C-9B37-6DAB20C80E2F.jpeg
1326C88F-1414-4E4C-9B37-6DAB20C80E2F.jpeg (91.25 KiB) Viewed 3903 times
rossirob73

KlutzNinja wrote:I realized I wasn’t sure what the Kizashi’s seats looked like while new; I’ve personally sat in two used Kizashis with leather and about 50+k miles on them (one of them being mine), and while I’ve seen and read a ton of reviews I never noticed the seats. So I did a google search just now and found they’re actually pretty similar to what was installed in my car. I think the leather of my car’s original seats got shrunken, as has been known to happen. So that’s why the thigh extension looks so different. But in this pic of a fresher Kizashi, the seat looks very similar to the recall replacement.
How does the kiz go in a manual

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk
KlutzNinja

I got that image from an online search of Kizashi seats lol. Not my car. I have a black GTS Sport with a CVT. But quite a few members here have a manual model and seem to hold it in high regard.
rossirob73

KlutzNinja wrote:I got that image from an online search of Kizashi seats lol. Not my car. I have a black GTS Sport with a CVT. But quite a few members here have a manual model and seem to hold it in high regard.
Ok tks

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk
KuroNekko

KlutzNinja wrote:I got that image from an online search of Kizashi seats lol. Not my car. I have a black GTS Sport with a CVT. But quite a few members here have a manual model and seem to hold it in high regard.
The manual transmission basically makes the only real weakness of the Kizashi (the CVT) a moot factor. While it's more work and less popular to drive a manual, it's nice to have a more responsive and engaging transmission in a car with an above-average chassis for its class. As most Kizashis are now around 10 years old and have 100K miles on the odometer, we are sadly seeing more and more CVT failures that are taking these cars off the road. The manual transmission is immune to these issues and will likely be the only models making it over 200,000 miles and beyond without costly transmission replacements.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)