Front and rear replacement brake pads

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Abdullah

Hello my Kizashi brothers...
I hope all are doing well. I wanted to know if anyone can help me in tell if these are the correct pads for my 2015 Kizashi ( FWD )
Thank you for your time and assistance.ImageImage

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk
old tech

Those are the correct numbers and a decent brand for normal use.
Abdullah

Any other brand you would recommend if someone has a heavy foot...

KlutzNinja

I’ve heard of the Kizashi coming with Bosch brake pads from the factory, but more often, or at least in later model years (in the US), they came with Akebono pads. Akebonos aren’t as popular as the ubiquitous Brembos on performance vehicles, but they can be found on a few, like certain Volvo Polestar trims. These Polestars are very heavy due to having twin-charged engines and a plug-in hybrid system, and their Akebono pads do a respectable job in providing stopping power. Weirdly, some other Polestar trims get Brembos, so it kind of varies by model. The Akebono pads on the Kizashis are almost certainly not the same as those on the Polestars, but the brand is pretty well respected from what I’ve read and they’ve been around for a while.
Current: Blue 2018 Mazda 3 GT 5-Door
Previous: Blue 2010 Ford Focus SES,
Black 2013 Kizashi Sport GTS-L (CVT; FWD)(RIP)
SAEED_KIZZY

Abdullah wrote:Any other brand you would recommend if someone has a heavy foot... Image

Front brake pad of kizashi is the same as Nissan Qashqai with this PN
D1060-Jd00A

in my opinion ceramic pad is far better than OE. my orginial brake pad from company last 3 years the second OE pad only last 1.5 then I decided to use ceramic pad I use it for 3 years and still has 40% left.
Tom Kizzie

Suzuki is working with akebono brake system parts from day 1 on most every single suzuki that came from the factory.
Its possible you find akebono pads in your country. The shops i buy from have like 20 brands of brakepads made for the Akebono brake system but the pads are branded for example: bosch, brembo, ashuki, delphi, trw snd many more. I am using ashuki brakepads and sometimes bosch for our suzuki cars.

Other brakesystems sometimes used on suzuki cars: sumitomi and tokico... Though tokico is mostly used on suzuki motorcycles from my experience.
kizashi 6mt black
KlutzNinja

I just wanted to bump this thread because my brakes have seemingly become little piggies and are now squealing. I’m wondering if anyone has used the Bosch brake pads?
Amazon seems to have a good price on them and they can be delivered in a couple days. I haven’t looked at what the local parts stores like Pep Boys or O’Reilly’s have, but if I had to guess they’re more expensive. The Akebonos that fit the Kizashi don’t seem to be on Amazon, sadly.

When I last rotated my tires I checked my pads and, if I used the pad reading tool right, they were somewhere in the lower end of the yellow range. That was in early July, but I figured I had more time than six months. I haven’t put on many miles since then (or in general), but I do live in the hills, so I do end up braking a lot. Actual braking performance hasn’t changed much at all, from what I can tell.
It doesn’t sound like the scraping from the low-thickness alert device that should be affixed to the rotors/pads, just squealing. My rear brakes have squealed after a cold start for a year now (figured it was the need to change brake fluid), but yesterday it sounded like all brakes were squealing for a little while after starting. I’ll have to listen again today.

I don’t intend to change the pads myself; I figure I might buy them and have a mechanic do it after changing the brake fluid. Frankly I’m not a good DIY mechanic and I don’t trust myself to something as important as brakes. But I’m also wary of what a mechanic might install, hence why I’m thinking of supplying the pads. My car is at about 65k miles, and I’m assuming the OEM pads and fluid are still in there.

Thanks in advance.
Tom Kizzie

I replace them myself most of the times. I really dont have a favorite and have like 10 brands to choice from but last i used ashuki for the kizashi and bosch for the grand vitara. Both are fine and prices of all brands are close to each other. Not every mechanic likes it when you bring own parts.
kizashi 6mt black
KlutzNinja

Tom Kizzie wrote:I replace them myself most of the times. I really dont have a favorite and have like 10 brands to choice from but last i used ashuki for the kizashi and bosch for the grand vitara. Both are fine and prices of all brands are close to each other. Not every mechanic likes it when you bring own parts.
Thanks for the info and the heads up about the mechanic bit. When I had to replace my driver side front window regulator a year and a half ago, I bought my own replacement because the mechanic was not getting around to sourcing one himself. Haven’t taken my car in for anything since then so somewhere along the way I figured it was okay to bring parts. I’ll try asking what brand they have. Also my brakes were not really squealing today, for whatever reason, so that’s nice. I’ll probably still get the brake fluid replaced, however.
Thanks again.
KuroNekko

After my OE Akebono pads wore out, I replaced my rotors with StopTech slotted rotors and installed PowerStop Z23 Evolution brake pads on all corners. These were a noticeable upgrade in braking performance without being noisy, grabby, or dusty. Basically, they worked like standard brakes for normal driving but delivered greater braking performance when needed on more demanding conditions. Excellent set-up IMO.

I have since replaced them after their service life and decided to go with different parts largely to bundle shipping with other parts. I'm now running Akebono ProAct pads (should be the OE pads) on the fronts and PowerStop Z16 Evolution pads in the rear. These pads do not quite have the performance of the Z23 pads but seem to have braking performance on par with the OE pads. Can't complain.

I also recommend replacing the entire brake fluid at each brake pad change. It's not much more effort and makes a huge difference to replace with fresh fluid with no air bubbles in the lines.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)