Rear pads tight - question

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
elninost0rm

Hi all,

Wife just got hit with a 750 dollar bill for her 2011 Kizashi. Various things, all wear and tear (104k miles). Decided to change the rear pads myself to save some cash.

Picked up the Car quest Platinum Pads from Advance. I had a heck of a time getting the old pads out (rust). That said, new pads weren't exactly loosey goosey either. I had to give both a few light mallet taps to sit flush against the rotor.

My question is: the pads are actually working and okay, right? Advance's fitment tool said everything was okay and they certainly look okay. I just wasn't expecting that kind of resistance.

As I said, the old pads were extremely stubborn,so I feel like if those were working, the new pads certainly are.

No noise, smell, etc. after changing.

Thoughts welcome. I used anti seize, lubed the slide pins, etc.
old tech

You must live in an area for rust such as mine. For proper operation and long wear, the pads must be able to move freely in that bracket. The clearance /fit from the factory was just enough in my opinion . When these come in, this clearance has been taken up with rust swell on bracket under the stainless wear shim. You should tear them back apart ,remove the bracket ,mount in vise remove pads and wear shims. File and maybe even chip the rust from area under shims. Check both sliders are free to slide and the boots are all good. Only use the proper brake parts synthetic lube. Petroleum products will destroy any rubber parts in brake system. Pads should go in and out with your fingers. Make sure when you wind the rear caliper piston in that the piston boot doesnt get twisted up and you align locating pad pin to piston groove. On the front calipers, Id like to have you check the caliper boot for deterioration. These are known for it and can be purchased very inexpensively and are easy to install . search topic cheap fix brake caliper
Tom Kizzie

You are probably just fine. Good that you greased the slide pins cause not all garages will do that even when they should. I always check the rubber thats over the slide pins also. They weir down and when moisture or sand comes in.. The grease will disappear and brakes will get stuck again.
kizashi 6mt black
elninost0rm

Thanks to you both.

Rather than tear it all apart and do it again, I'm just going to let it ride and see what my mechanic says when he fixes the rest of the issues. He's a trusted guy and a family friend, so he'll let me know if he thinks I mucked it all up, lol.

Chalk it up to a learning experience either way.