Cheap fix 11 po420

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
old tech

Engine trouble code P0420 catalytic converter below the threshold of efficiency . You are to replace the front catalytic converter that is one with the exhaust manifold. This code commonly comes up on the vehicle that has some miles behind it for reasons of either deterioration or from the working parts of the converter getting coated from impurities and additives in the fuel. The OEM manifold is over $2000. An aftermarket copy for the Kizashi is selling for a little above $400. And the SX4, under Suzuki‘s listing uses the same exact manifold although when looking it up aftermarket, it comes up as a different number and is much cheaper. Other alternative fixtures are putting an extension tube on the downstream O2 sensor, Also there is an extension tube that has a tiny catalytic converter inside of it that you would think it would work great . I tried it and it didn’t work for me on this 2010 Kizashi with 196,000 miles on it. What did work was moving the downstream O2 sensor back behind the second catalytic converter. This is working great keeping the light off. I did need to extend the four wires on the O2 sensor and I ran them above the heat shield in above the transmission back up to the connector . An o2 senor bung fitting was needed to weld into the intermediate pipe right above the crossmember.Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk