Tyre Pressure

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Abdullah

Hello everyone.
So the recommended Tyre Pressure written on the badge is 38 psi and 41 psi But I wanted to know what are you guys running and recommend?
The road is Pakistan are no that great. Pits here and there, bumps and big ass cat eyes lol. So 38 and 41 seems very high. Other car like Honda Civic and toyota corolla all recommend that you have 30 psi.
My car has 17" stock rims and stock size tyres 215/55

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk
Last edited by Abdullah on Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Woodie

I run mine at 40 psi.

At 38 it only takes a small drop in temperature to set off the low tire pressure warning, which is way too severe. It really annoys me that the entire trip computer is wiped out if one tire gets down to 35 psi. It should overtake the entire display when you first start the car, then go back to normal and just leave the yellow tire icon on the right side.

Does anyone know if the tire pressure sending units inside the tire are calibrated for 38 psi or if they actually send the pressure and the computer decides when to set an alert?
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
Abdullah

Hey what Tyre Pressure monitoring unit lol.... My car does not have one....

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk
Woodie

You're lucky.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
old tech

Its the keyless entry/ tpms brain that decides when to turn the light on. It certainly would be nice if one of the younger Kizashi owners would figure out a hack to shut that system off. Here in the land of rust and corrosion the tpms sensor makes way more trouble than it saves.
SAEED_KIZZY

old tech wrote:Its the keyless entry/ tpms brain that decides when to turn the light on. It certainly would be nice if one of the younger Kizashi owners would figure out a hack to shut that system off. Here in the land of rust and corrosion the tpms sensor makes way more trouble than it saves.
If problem is TPMS alarm LED theoretically you can just tear the speedometer apart and remove TPMS LED from it I guess.
KlutzNinja

Woodie wrote:I run mine at 40 psi.

At 38 it only takes a small drop in temperature to set off the low tire pressure warning, which is way too severe. It really annoys me that the entire trip computer is wiped out if one tire gets down to 35 psi. It should overtake the entire display when you first start the car, then go back to normal and just leave the yellow tire icon on the right side.

Does anyone know if the tire pressure sending units inside the tire are calibrated for 38 psi or if they actually send the pressure and the computer decides when to set an alert?
In my experience, with my 18” wheels, the tire pressure has to get to around 30 psi or lower before the sensor alerts me. The light in the gauge cluster goes out at around 34 psi, or at least it did this time.
I filled my tires to around 32 psi due to a lack of time, and the alert was still there. This was earlier in the week when it got into the mid-40s in Southern California, which is about as cold as it gets during midday. The temperature rose a bit the next day, to low 60s or mid 50s, and my tires naturally went up to 34 after driving to work, and the tire pressure light wasn’t in the gauge cluster anymore.

Idk if your car’s sensor is abnormally sensitive or mine is less sensitive than usual, but who knows lol. Just my experience. I usually drive until the sensor goes off, then fill the tires up to 38. Maybe a New Years resolution of mine should be to be more vigilant about this matter :lol:

On a side note, is there a way to make the amber tire pressure alert screen go away, but still keeping the tire pressure light in the cluster? My 2010 Ford Focus had a reset button that allowed such a function. That way I was still able to see real-time fuel economy and the like while driving. I looked around the Kizashi and couldn’t find a way to do that; I have yet to look in the manual for it, though.
Current: Blue 2018 Mazda 3 GT 5-Door
Previous: Blue 2010 Ford Focus SES,
Black 2013 Kizashi Sport GTS-L (CVT; FWD)(RIP)