Speed sensing door locks??

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Endeavour1200

I read somewhere and my car don't have speed sensing door locks. But in the india-specific brochure, "auto door lock at speed" is mentioned (pic attached, check red mark). Do your cars have speed sensing door locks? If yes I'll get mine checked, but let me know if yours also don't have it. (Japanese and Indian kizashi are the same)
Attachments
Check the red marker
Check the red marker
Screenshot_20201219-204524~2.png (178.27 KiB) Viewed 4386 times
Woodie

Mine doesn't lock the doors. I'm in North America.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
KuroNekko

Woodie wrote:Mine doesn't lock the doors. I'm in North America.
Same. I recalling watching a dealer or Suzuki North America video promo on the Kizashi when it debuted and the rep specifically stated the doors don't auto-lock in the Kizashi. This issue has also been discussed before among owners. Not sure about other market models like Japan or India which may be more similar to each other due to RHD.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Endeavour1200

Can it be added as an aftermarket accessory? I read here that some owners have it.
LPSISRL

I had that feature in my mid-90s Chrysler mini-vans. Nice feature but not nice enough for me to spend any time or money on it. It's just too easy to get into the habit of hitting the lock button when you get rolling.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
SAEED_KIZZY

my Kizashi 2013 also did not have this feature either. (I am in Iran)
locking and unlocking doors is a responsibility of the BCM module and can be easily implemented by some firmware update to BCM but it's a shame Suzuki left this car to rest in peace. maybe Suzuki India can access this kind of info from Suzuki Japan but I doubt it.
2 years ago I searched and found no aftermarket or OE support this feature in Kizashi but I designed a microcontroller board to do this task and some other tasks (as my academic project).
Endeavour1200

SAEED_KIZZY wrote:my Kizashi 2013 also did not have this feature either. (I am in Iran)
locking and unlocking doors is a responsibility of the BCM module and can be easily implemented by some firmware update to BCM but it's a shame Suzuki left this car to rest in peace. maybe Suzuki India can access this kind of info from Suzuki Japan but I doubt it.
2 years ago I searched and found no aftermarket or OE support this feature in Kizashi but I designed a microcontroller board to do this task and some other tasks (as my academic project).
Would you mind sharing some details about the microcontroller you talked about? What other tasks could it do? I'd like to build it myself too, so please let me know how you dealt with it. I can provide my email or something, whatever is comfortable with you.
SAEED_KIZZY

Endeavour1200 wrote:
SAEED_KIZZY wrote:my Kizashi 2013 also did not have this feature either. (I am in Iran)
Would you mind sharing some details about the microcontroller you talked about? What other tasks could it do? I'd like to build it myself too, so please let me know how you dealt with it. I can provide my email or something, whatever is comfortable with you.
Yes Sure.
according to the service manual, there is a VSS (Vehicle speed signal) this signal is a square wave signal relative to car speed and its frequency is changed by car speed.
photo_2020-12-04_13-50-20.jpg
photo_2020-12-04_13-50-20.jpg (68.68 KiB) Viewed 4113 times
Process this signal by microcontroller then I activate all car lock signal when the car reaches a specified speed.
photo_2020-12-04_13-50-06.jpg
photo_2020-12-04_13-50-06.jpg (93.12 KiB) Viewed 4113 times
I tap into those wires and use ACC power for my ECU :D :D
I can send you schematics and also source code for my project if you want.
Endeavour1200

SAEED_KIZZY wrote:
Endeavour1200 wrote:
Yes Sure.
according to the service manual, there is a VSS (Vehicle speed signal) this signal is a square wave signal relative to car speed and its frequency is changed by car speed.
photo_2020-12-04_13-50-20.jpg
Process this signal by microcontroller then I activate all car lock signal when the car reaches a specified speed.
photo_2020-12-04_13-50-06.jpg

I tap into those wires and use ACC power for my ECU :D :D
I can send you schematics and also source code for my project if you want.
Wow, thanks for this. Yes, can you please send the source code, I'll be grateful. And could you also send some instructions on how to run this? Do I have to tap into the wires manually or can this be done with an OBD2 adapter? I have an obd adapter, so let me know how you did it! Thanks alot.
SAEED_KIZZY

Endeavour1200 wrote: Wow, thanks for this. Yes, can you please send the source code, I'll be grateful. And could you also send some instructions on how to run this? Do I have to tap into the wires manually or can this be done with an OBD2 adapter? I have an obd adapter, so let me know how you did it! Thanks alot.
unfortunately no, my solution is not connected to the Car CAN bus. it is a stand-alone microcontroller.
source code must be compiled and programmed into the microcontroller to run. special programmer needed and in my case is a JTAG programmer. source code is written in C language and can be used as a reference for your design.