Minor Issue With Neutral On CVT 2011 Sport SLS After Getting Recalled Shift Lever Replaced

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Legoboy0109

Pretty much just the Title. I got the three recalls done on my 2011 Kizashi Sport SLS AWD and the Shift Lever was included, but since getting it done, the car acts a bit strange in neutral. It tends to lurch into gear if I put it into drive from neutral, and today it flashed the check starter system light in neutral in a car wash, but went away in drive. Should I contact the dealer that did the recall? It's an hour away, so I want to avoid taking it back to them. The transmission never had any problems before doing the recall other than needing to replace the fluid.
"What's worse, thinking that you're being paranoid or knowing you should be?"
-Aaron/Shane Carruth, Primer
old tech

Yes , you need at least the codes read. When there is a code , the pressures are turned up high to keep belt from possible slip damage. This may or may no be their fault but I think they would at least read the code and clear for free since they had worked on it. Auto Zone will read the codes for free in hopes of selling you something but may not want to clear it. Most if not all of the codes need a scan tool to erase. If Auto Zone does read it but wont erase it. You could try disconnecting the battery for thirty seconds and see if it straightens out but do list on here what that code was.
Legoboy0109

There aren't any error codes currently, but would I need a special scan tool to read the transmission codes? I have an OBD2 reader.
n8dogg

I had problems with my car too after the shifter recall. They didn't put it all back together properly and it couldn't decide if it was in Drive or Neutral.
'12 Kizashi SLS AWD w/RF sound
easy to chip Vivid Red and 25% window tint
Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus II
Power Stop Rotors and Pads
183,xxx miles and still lovin it!
Legoboy0109

Yeah, that sounds about right, I called the place back, so hopefully they can fix it since it's really annoying. I might just take it to a different shop and pay them to reassemble it properly, since the dealer is an hour away.
n8dogg

Legoboy0109 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:35 pm Yeah, that sounds about right, I called the place back, so hopefully they can fix it since it's really annoying. I might just take it to a different shop and pay them to reassemble it properly, since the dealer is an hour away.
if it's any consolation, it was an easy fix in my case...an overlooked reconnecting of something er other in the newly installed shift lever, the subject of the recall :roll: . Just shows how unfamiliar the shops are with this car.
Legoboy0109

Yeah, the dealer was primarily a Subaru dealer, and just did Suzuki as a side thing. If you could explain how you fixed it that would be great, but I might just try and find it in the service manual and reassemble it using that if I can't find an guides on the forum.
n8dogg

I immediately turned around and took it back to the shop. I live close to my former Suzuki dealer so easy to do.