Cheap fix 13 blower motor

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
old tech

I have found more than a few of the blower motors to become noisy. I believe they can be saved by lubricating them if they’re caught soon enough. here’s what I’ve been doing. Remove the blower motor and remove the PhillipImage
screw on the bottom . Then using 2 screw drivers or small pry bars, pry up plastic caseImage
Remove c clip and shims.This will expose the bottom bushing that becomes dry and sometimes seizes to the shaft .Image
If the shaft is locked to the bushing the motor can’t be saved. If it’s still free but dirty ,clean with brake clean and compressed air at the shaft to bushing area and pack with grease. Put all your shims back on except one to allow motor a small amount of up and down play so it can draw some lubricant in from the excess in the well. This next motor started making a dry squeal noise just on the initial start and I was able to save it. Image
The blower motor is made by Mitsubishi and I’m sure other car brands and models have the same blower motor in it although the case may be different which is easily swapped . So far when needed , I’ve been able to come up with another Kizashi blower motor. The Sx4 is not the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dave123

tired this trick as i was facing that problem and did not want to spend money due money shortage. Thanks for the save as it solved my problem!!