Noisy steering? Electric steering motor?

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
verscott

Hi Kizashi family!

I have a 2011 Kiz with 130k. I recently replaced the struts and front left cv axle. A day or so after the work, I noticed the car would make a very noticeable groaning/squeaking bushing sorta noise when I turned the wheel while stopped or moving very slowly. The sound goes away at highway speeds. Even stranger, the sound isn't there in the morning when its cooler or when it rained for a few days/cooler?

My first thought was power steering pump. BUT i learned that the kiz uses electric steering soooo no hydraulic pump to replace.

I assume the new struts/strut bearing are stronger/stiffer than the old ones and the electric motor is struggling to turn the wheels now. Can this motor be replaced? Where is the part? Do I just wait it out for the new suspension pieces to break in and become looser?

Help me!
old tech

Most likely the noise is from one of the struts. Look for unsmooth movement at the struts wile someone slowly turns the wheel to tell which side is having a problem.That strut may be assembled or clocked wrong.