CVT oil filter

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Abdullah

Hello everyone,
There is this guy in face saying that he changed his CVT filters.... Now when I was changing my CVT oil there only a metal pan type thing in the oil pan and two magnets.... What is he talking about. Plus I trying searching for these only but would not find them... They are not even in the diagrams on megazip... all I could find was the thing shown in the second pic and that's what I saw during the oil change.... Can anyone shed some light in this... ImageImage

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

old tech

The first pic is showing you the cooler filter that is mounted top front left side of transmission. Not the easiest thing to get to and rarely changed by most but this filter is actually way over done as far as surface area. I have never found enough material in this filter to cause flow problems even on failed high mile units but it is still is a good cheap maintenance. I think all JF011E s use the same cooler filter and is available at AutoZone TF246
SAEED_KIZZY

@Abdullah
also you can buy cooler line parts from megazip warehouse in Dubai:
2824A006 CVT cooler line filter (Mitsubishi)
2920A096 O-ring

@old tech
by the way, I replaced the cooler filter at 100K and after around 10K no contamination in oil just like a brand new CVT unit. I am not an expert but I began to think maybe it is better to change it sooner
Abdullah

Hmm..... Thank you both. That does help me alot. So I will be needing two, according to the guy on the Facebook? And can I change them myself? I don't have much experience and either a floor jack, just something to keep in mind

SAEED_KIZZY

it is probably better to go to a good mechanic.
Abdullah

Lol... I agree.