Stuck in Anti-Theft Mode

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Helpmedearlord

Alright boys, we gotta come together to fix this one. I was driving down the road and all of a sudden Ol' boio engine decided to shut off. Took it to a local auto repair shop and they said that it is stuck in Anti-Theft mode and they don't know how to fix it. Any Ideas? Would love to hear some feedback or personal stories of this happening maybe and how it was fixed.
KuroNekko

I highly doubt it's an anti-theft matter. For safety and legal reasons, vehicle anti-theft systems do not shut down an engine while in operation. Your issue is very likely something else (probably electrical/sensor). In your double-post (I've since deleted it), you stated the engine starts but shuts off immediately after. Does the vehicle stay on (instrument lights on), but the engine off? It should have a Malfunction Indicator Light on and appropriate devices should be able to read fault codes. Was that done and if so, what are the codes? Also, what kind of Kizashi do you have (year, trim, transmission type) and where are you located? Details will help identify this matter.

I have never heard of a Kizashi engine spontaneously cutting out on "anti-theft mode". Most sudden powertrain failures have been the result of a bad Continuously Variable Transmission. Your issue really sounds like an electrical problem maybe with a bad connection, bad ground, worn or damaged wires, or a bad sensor.

Lastly, please do not post elsewhere on this site on this same matter. It makes consolidating helpful replies harder and the site gets disorganized. Mods like myself will end up deleting unnecessary new threads on the same topic. Thanks.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Helpmedearlord

KuroNekko wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:05 pm I highly doubt it's an anti-theft matter. For safety and legal reasons, vehicle anti-theft systems do not shut down an engine while in operation. Your issue is very likely something else (probably electrical/sensor). In your double-post (I've since deleted it), you stated the engine starts but shuts off immediately after. Does the vehicle stay on (instrument lights on), but the engine off? It should have a Malfunction Indicator Light on and appropriate devices should be able to read fault codes. Was that done and if so, what are the codes? Also, what kind of Kizashi do you have (year, trim, transmission type) and where are you located? Details will help identify this matter.

I have never heard of a Kizashi engine spontaneously cutting out on "anti-theft mode". Most sudden powertrain failures have been the result of a bad Continuously Variable Transmission. Your issue really sounds like an electrical problem maybe with a bad connection, bad ground, worn or damaged wires, or a bad sensor.

Lastly, please do not post elsewhere on this site on this same matter. It makes consolidating helpful replies harder and the site gets disorganized. Mods like myself will end up deleting unnecessary new threads on the same topic. Thanks.
So this is what I was told so bear in mind that I'm not totally smart in the car aspects. It has been hooked up to 5 different "computers" to read for errors with nothing coming back faulty. The one mechanic said he found the issue, that it is stuck in anti-theft mode and the fobs are not reconnecting to the car after a battery swap (which was done at said mechanic). The car turns on accessory just fine, but when started it instantly shuts off. It's a 2012 Kizashi GTS Sport? CVT And I'm located in West Virginia. No lights turn on as if nothing is wrong for a malfunction indicator.

P.S. - I thought I deleted the other post, I didn't see this sub-forum before I posted the first one. Sorry, I didn't mean to leave it up.
SAEED_KIZZY

it could be a fuel problem did your mechanic check that too
Helpmedearlord

SAEED_KIZZY wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:34 am it could be a fuel problem did your mechanic check that too
Yeah as far as I know. Two different shops have looked at it thus far.
Cantab

Helpmedearlord wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:28 am
KuroNekko wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:05 pm I highly doubt it's an anti-theft matter. For safety and legal reasons, vehicle anti-theft systems do not shut down an engine while in operation. Your issue is very likely something else (probably electrical/sensor). In your double-post (I've since deleted it), you stated the engine starts but shuts off immediately after. Does the vehicle stay on (instrument lights on), but the engine off? It should have a Malfunction Indicator Light on and appropriate devices should be able to read fault codes. Was that done and if so, what are the codes? Also, what kind of Kizashi do you have (year, trim, transmission type) and where are you located? Details will help identify this matter.

So this is what I was told so bear in mind that I'm not totally smart in the car aspects. It has been hooked up to 5 different "computers" to read for errors with nothing coming back faulty. The one mechanic said he found the issue, that it is stuck in anti-theft mode and the fobs are not reconnecting to the car after a battery swap (which was done at said mechanic). The car turns on accessory just fine, but when started it instantly shuts off. It's a 2012 Kizashi GTS Sport? CVT And I'm located in West Virginia. No lights turn on as if nothing is wrong for a malfunction indicator.

P.S. - I thought I deleted the other post, I didn't see this sub-forum before I posted the first one. Sorry, I didn't mean to leave it up.
Did you try your other fob ?
Similar situation happened with wifes 2000 Beetle her original fob would start up the car then immediately it died , tried 2nd unused fob and fired up and ran fine thereafter.
KuroNekko

Has anyone tried to disconnect the car's battery, wait a couple minutes, reconnect, and see what happens? It just seems like an anomaly with the vehicle's electrical system. Never heard of this happening to a Kizashi before.
KuroNekko

Also, if it could be the fob, try holding the fob to the start button and keep it there after the engine starts. See if the engine remains on if the fob is kept near the start button.
Another thing to try if you really suspect the fob is to replace the battery in it again. Not all CR2032 batteries are the same and low quality ones with poor capacity and faulty voltage can cause issues but usually not this severe.
Helpmedearlord

Cantab wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:39 am
Helpmedearlord wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:28 am

Did you try your other fob ?
Similar situation happened with wifes 2000 Beetle her original fob would start up the car then immediately it died , tried 2nd unused fob and fired up and ran fine thereafter.
Tried with both fobs, replaced the batteries in the fobs as well.
old tech

When you say five computers, you mean five scan tools correct? Did any of these scan tools have the capability of checking all the systems on the car? I agree with both KuroNekko and Saeed .The Security /TPMS/keyless start system is combined in one computer and has diagnostic codes. If all the systems are free from trouble codes then what I would try hooking up your fuel pump to run continuously then start the car and see if it will continue to run. If it continues to run, you’ve found that your problem is on the fuel side and can easily be traced back to the problem which may be a relay or a power supply for the pump to operate in the run position . Another thing that could cause a situation like this and not leave a code would be the ground up behind the throttlebody. Has any work been done to the car other than just this battery change?