Shifting into Reverse gear

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Abdullah

Hello everyone,
I have a 2015 2wd CVT kizashi. Now my question is that when you shift into Reverse gear, how long does it take to shift into Reverse. My car when I shift it usually take about 2 or 3 second. Other positions it shift into it fine but only the reverse gear takes a long time. One friend told me to take it to a Suzuki dealership and tell them to re-calibrate your gear box. What do you guys think? Online I saw that there is that position selector under the air-filter and sometimes that requires readjusting....
So what should I do?

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

old tech

A delay into reverse very common . I’ve seen some of them that are a second or two slower but never have found anything to become a problem. I don’t think a relearn will alter the delay but I can try this on a car this weekend and take note of it. I think this is best left alone unless accompanied with trouble codes . If you want to invest in maintenance to benefit a longer transmission life then changing the fluid, cleaning out the pick up screen and also taking note and a picture of what’s in the pan floor would be worthwhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Abdullah

old tech wrote:A delay into reverse very common . I’ve seen some of them that are a second or two slower but never have found anything to become a problem. I don’t think a relearn will alter the delay but I can try this on a car this weekend and take note of it. I think this is best left alone unless accompanied with trouble codes . If you want to invest in maintenance to benefit a longer transmission life then changing the fluid, cleaning out the pick up screen and also taking note and a picture of what’s in the pan floor would be worthwhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you sir.

LPSISRL

I know this is late to the party, but I recall a posting with the service manual diagram showing what the delay spec was. It's longer than you would expect. Two seconds was not out of spec.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
Abdullah

LPSISRL wrote:I know this is late to the party, but I recall a posting with the service manual diagram showing what the delay spec was. It's longer than you would expect. Two seconds was not out of spec.
I agree. The manual says it about 3 seconds but I wanted to know if it could be brought down or not.

KlutzNinja

I was thinking about this earlier today as I left home for work. It feels like other cars don’t need as long, as well as the fact most people don’t seem to wait for their cars to fully shift or come to a complete stop before shifting into reverse (or drive).

Also, does anyone hear an audible mechanical groan when the Kizashi shifts into reverse? When I first shift into drive (after letting the engine revs stabilize after about a minute of idling from a cold start), there isn’t much noise (if I try to do it without letting the revs stabilize, there’s some groaning there, too). But if I reverse there’s lots of groaning/clunking lol. Seemingly every time. Is it a sign of needing to change gear oil or something? I’m not really sure how that stuff works.
Current: Blue 2018 Mazda 3 GT 5-Door
Previous: Blue 2010 Ford Focus SES,
Black 2013 Kizashi Sport GTS-L (CVT; FWD)(RIP)