Does anybody know what size the Banjo Bolts are on the Kizashi's rear breake calipers?

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
AirRideFan

I need to order some new banjo bolts- (because I want to order the ones that have the the bleeder nipple BUILT-IN - as I snapped the exterior part of the one of the rear caliper bleeder nipples off on my car)

DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT SIZE THE BANJO BOLTS ARE THE KIZASH ? M10x1.25 ???
2012 KIZASHI Sport SLS

ExtremeContact DWS Tuned tires on staggered Speedlines! :o
Ecsta V720 235/40's on the OEM 18's
Hakkapeliitta R2 235/45's on Sport Edition KV5 18's <- too heavy
WinterContact 215/55's on Lexus GS 16's this winter!
old tech

AirRideFan wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:32 am I need to order some new banjo bolts- (because I want to order the ones that have the the bleeder nipple BUILT-IN - as I snapped the exterior part of the one of the rear caliper bleeder nipples off on my car)

10x1.0 for sure. I wouldnt worry about replacing though, I hold caliper with line bolt cracked and straight up while winding piston back in a little and slowly until no more air.
AirRideFan

old tech wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:37 pm
AirRideFan wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:32 am I need to order some new banjo bolts- (because I want to order the ones that have the the bleeder nipple BUILT-IN - as I snapped the exterior part of the one of the rear caliper bleeder nipples off on my car)

10x1.0 for sure. I wouldnt worry about replacing though, I hold caliper with line bolt cracked and straight up while winding piston back in a little and slowly until no more air.
WOW--- old tech, you're awesome! I just found this out, by checking at Ace Hardware (man, I love that store!) --- 10x1.0 indeed. Well, I just need to bleed the brakes, since I have air in the line now-- so FOR NOW--- I'm just going to put my old (REAR, left) caliper back on with it's jacked up rubber boot - and it's one bolt on the bracket that seems to be stripped (it won't get TIGHT - the one bolt that holds the caliper on just keeps turning--- so I'm going to use some locktite- so I can enjoy the bluetooth and nice stereo in the Kiz --- my old 1998 Sebring LXi coupe that I just picked up is in the middle of a big overhaul---- It wasn't too enjoyable taking too/from work and running errands with it (despite it's insanely low 49k miles!)

Thank you though!

This is what I'm going to order- if I end up not being able to remove the remaining piece of the bleeder screw out of my "good" rear caliper: https://www.wemoto.com/parts/picture/hl-171020_5
2012 KIZASHI Sport SLS

AirRideFan

AirRideFan wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:20 am
old tech wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:37 pm
AirRideFan wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:32 am

I'm just going to put my old (REAR, left) caliper back on with it's jacked up rubber boot - and it's one bolt on the bracket that seems to be stripped (it won't get TIGHT - the one bolt that holds the caliper on just keeps turning--- so I'm going to use some locktite on the old crappy caliper (just so I can temporarily use the car the next few days)

This is what I'm going to order- if I end up not being able to remove the remaining piece of the bleeder screw out of my "good" rear caliper: https://www.wemoto.com/parts/picture/hl-171020_5
Sooooo quick update--- I decided to TRY THIS: and keep the caliper that doesn't have the continuously-turning bolts that keep the dang caliper ON THE CAR, instead.
Annnndddd.... the verdict is --- it DID KIND'VE/SORT'VE work---- but not 100% :? ---

Never tried this method before --- but probably a lot better for a DIRT BIKE and not a street-legal car/truck, ha. I thing I took a little too long to connect the brake line and tighten the banjo bolt on the caliper (which I held sideways, like this guy said to do and had previously slowly pre-filled with brake fluid).
Before tonight, the pedal was going to the floor and I had ZERO brake power. Now it's about 75% better than it was. I just took the car around the block and it has close to the normal braking power (maybe 75%) ... however, if I SLAM them quickly -it stops as good as a perfect-example of a 1980's economy car. hah

I also didn't get the e-brake connected on the (rear left) side I had this problem with---- :cry: I need to go BACK to U-Pull-and-Pay and get another little CLIP that holds that emergency brake cable in there. What a damn nightmare. lol

Anyway--- Old Tech--- if I do order one of these banjo bolts with the built-in bleeder nipple (I also attached a photo) Here's a stainless one I found on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/203431871960?h ... Sw3LxfUNFn
[ instead of trying to carefully remove or drill out the broken bleeder bolt ]---- will I have to bleed all bleed each corner of the car or just the rear ?

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP GUYS.
Attachments
Kizashi BANJO + BLEEDER NIPPLE bolt M10x1.00 (stainless).jpg
2012 KIZASHI Sport SLS