2013 SLS- What part of the rear suspension is this?

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Kiza2

Sorry for the dumb question. I am upset that this happened as I haven’t driven my car for a while and when this happened my bf said the car made sounds over all bumps and he slowly drove it to my house.

I wanted to know if anyone is able to tell what part is this as I am trying to buy the parts online so I don’t get ripped off by mechanics near me. I know about the revised bumper stoppers which I have placed an order. I plan on buying KYB Excel - G 349141 (is that a good quality item). Just wanted to know if I need anything else.I’ve read the threads and look at charts but I can’t figure it out.
Attachments
87EFFFFF-819A-470C-9231-9972E2368685.jpeg
old tech

What I would suggest is checking the pull apart yards near you and see if they have any Kizashi‘s. What you want to do is buy the complete rear shock left and right. They will sell it to you at a very cheap price because generally shocks are very cheap on other car models and they don’t distinguish between them so all shocks for any brand of car would be about 12 or $15 a piece. You’ll want to pull the inner fender well down and get to the support so you can include that in on the Shock purchase. By the looks of your parts in the picture you probably live in a high salt use area like mine and those bolts with a 12 mm heads are probably not going to come out. If that’s the case you’ll need to change the upper support or else do a lot of work to try to save those. Here are the prices if you want to buy the new. left rear support part number 4191257L00 is $125. support right part number 4191157L00 is $125 bushing 4192057L00 $26 shock mount top part number 419-1357L00 $35 bump stopper part number 422-5057L03 $46

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kiza2

Thank you for your help and the parts numbers and prices. I really appreciate it. Yes the previous owner lived in Rhode Island and my area is a high salt area too. Okay I will call around yards this weekend.
KuroNekko

It looks like your rear shock mount (that silver part with the bolts on it) is cracked and the black rubber part fell out of it. You need a new shock mount by the look of it. Unfortunately, it's a hard part to find readily available so a junk yard like Old Tech stated would be your best bet. As for the other components like the rear bump stopper (the yellow foam part) and the rear shock itself (KYB Excel - G 349141) aren't too hard to find. It appears that you have the original problematic bump stopper with no drainage grooves. Finding the revised bump stopper is advised but can be difficult. Personally, for a quick fix, get the KYB aftermarket parts. I have them on my KIzashi. With some cutting of the top foam, the KYB bump stopper will fit in the original mount. As for the rear shock, the KYB Excel - G 349141 will absolutely work because they are basically the original part. These are cheap and easy to find. I got my KYB shocks and bump stoppers on rockauto.com. More info on my install here:
viewtopic.php?p=52026#p52026

For a reference, the photo below is what the rear shock mount area is supposed to look like. That red arrow indicates the groove of the revised bump stopper.

2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Kiza2

Thanks so much! I was able to order a new shock mount from the Suzukisubaru website. I had trouble finding any Kizashi’s in junk yards by me. Thanks for the photo I honestly couldn’t tell when reading other posts but your clarification helps a lot.
KuroNekko

Kiza2 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:26 am Thanks so much! I was able to order a new shock mount from the Suzukisubaru website. I had trouble finding any Kizashi’s in junk yards by me. Thanks for the photo I honestly couldn’t tell when reading other posts but your clarification helps a lot.
Glad it helped. While junkyard Kizashis would be great, I can imagine they are hard to find because the car is so rare.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)