wont start, steering wheel lock

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
nosnhojm12

anyone else have the issue of the car not starting and the dash says to turn steering wheel? all the lights on the dash turn on and it says to turn the steering wheen. ive kinda come up with my own hacks to get it to start when it does this, but sometimes it takes me 5 or more minutes to finally get it started. i have videos if anyone has questions
old tech

As these cars age, I think this will be a more and more common thing. The one thing you can try to get you out of the jam at the time is to open the drivers door and try cycling the key back-and-forth that should make the electronic steering lock lock and unlock a few times and then try again. The correct fix here is to put a brand new electronic steering lock box in however the cost for this is approaching $300. What a lot of guys are doing is just unplugging the drivers door switch however you lose your interior lights when you do this. If you can look at the wiring diagram and follow that door switch wire back to the keyless entry control unit then you can cut it there and I would put in a switch to ground so that you can turn it back on to get the lock to cycle again if ever needed .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk