My Kizashi

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
kyle.makinzie

Hello Everyone!

This month I purchased my 2010 Suzuki Kizashi SE. I bought it from a place that I later found out that had two BBB complaints. I only had the car for almost two weeks now. I test drove and got a light check before purchasing and everything was clean. Only major problems I am having is when I press the gas it rides a little rough and starting the car I smell a hint of gas. I got a car inspection in which I was told I needed a new valve gasket cover which has already been fixed. Overall I paid 4500 for the car with 150,000 miles on the engine. I love the car but I want to minimize going to the mechanic as much as possible with this car. If anyone could help me or give me some advice about the Kizashis reliability would be helpful. Under lemon law I have the right in the state of Ohio to reject and get my money back. I just want to know the issues and hopefully either get my money back or pay the cost. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
old tech

Welcome to Kizashi ownership. You wanted to know common problems and the most expensive thing is the CVT transmission by far. These generally fail tween 120- 130,000 miles. You can get an idea whether yours has been changed out by looking at the left axle area . On The transmission is a Vin tag if it matches the door, chances are nothing has been done with the transmission. Transmission rebuild, repairs or replacement have an extremely wide range of price. I’ve been fixing these transmissions after failure with the one-year warranty for a total of $1700. With the exception of the transmission, The Kizashi is very trustworthy dependable car however anything with some miles on it can give you some troubles. I kinda count on it in my line of work . On the other somewhat common failures, I would advise you to go into the technical forum here and search “cheap fix “and there you will find from 1 to 13 different fixes I’ve come up with for these cars that may be of some help or at least interesting to you. Other than the transmission the next important one is the belt tensioner and how it wears then lets the belt go out of alignment and eventually falling off causing overheating if not caught.

kyle.makinzie

Thank you so much for your knowledge! Since I am a college student I don’t think I will be keep this car any longer due to some of the problems I am having with it now. I don’t want to run into the cost of fixing the transmission. Thank you so much!