A few technical questions

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Abdullah

Hello everyone,
I hope all are well, happy and healthy. Okay let's get straight into it.
Question 1:
Battery.
Suzuki says you have to put 85 ampere 12V battery, if I remember correctly, so if you put a 70 ampere 12V battery what are the drawbacks or potential damage? The reason I am asking this is because the last owner of my 2015 kizashi installed a 70 ampere battery in it so should I change it or leave it.

Question 2:
Fuel.
Suzuki recommends 92 octane. Now in Pakistan there are two types of fuel available. Super which is 90 to 92 octane and Hi-octane which is 95 to 97octane ( though it is advertised as 97 octane so it might be 97 octane). So my question is if I use 97 octane fuel in my car will it benefit my car or will it have adverse effects?

Question 3:
Can anyone tell me what the part number is of the fuel filter?

Question 4:
ECU reset.
The one where you disconnect the battery and connect the hot wire to the earth one and drain all the charge from your electronics and then reconnect so that it resets you ECU along with other things. Does that help, would you recommend it or is it bad for your car ( your kizashi to be specific )

Thank your for your assistance
Regards

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

KuroNekko

Hi. I'm not a professional so these are just opinions of mine:

1. Ampere is a measure of electrical current. If a vehicle is rated for an 85A battery and you put in a 70A, I imagine that the vehicle will not have the proper current for some things. While it might not matter for most things, it should for starting, especially in the cold. I imagine a sub-rated battery will cause difficultly starting in temperatures ranging around or below 0 C. Cold Cranking Amp ratings are important in this regard.
Also, it is said the Kizashi has wonky electricals and I agree. The car seems to suffer with a lot of 12V gadgets running simultaneously like a dash camera, phone charger, stereo, etc. I experienced flickering with my LED and HID bulbs at idle so I installed capacitors to both. Having a properly rated battery operating in good condition is best to keep issues at bay and to have reliable starting in cold weather.

2. Suzuki recommends 87 Octane in the United States which is Regular gas here. I know you're in Pakistan which has different fuel grades. Use the minimum that meets the requirement. Going higher will give you nominal improvement at best because the vehicle's ECU was programmed to run the listed rating. This is the main reason going higher doesn't really matter. Higher octane gas matters more in engines designed for it or when combustion timing is more critical such as in forced-induction engines. The only reason I can think of to use better grade fuel is if the gasoline contains more detergents. I run Regular and use a fuel system cleaner about every oil change. The Kizashi doesn't have a special or complicated engine so I don't see a reason to pay more for higher oct fuel.

3. Megazip.net has part #'s readily available with the parts diagrams. As for the fuel filter, these aren't really replacement parts like they used to be in the past. Most modern vehicles now have the filters inside the gas tank with the fuel pump so these aren't easy to service. I believe fuel filters like these are now considered non-serviceable parts. My research tells me the filter is part of the fuel pump and you replace the fuel pump if needed.

4. Merely disconnecting the negative terminal to the battery, stepping on the brake pedal for several seconds, and waiting a few minutes should do the trick. What it does is resets the fuel trims for the ECU. It may cause less fuel efficiency until the engine relearns the trims. In California, unless the smog station devices can read the ECU's stabilized status, you will fail the smog test. For this reason, it's not advised to do this reset anytime soon before a smog test. I disconnect the battery anytime I work on something electrical with the car ranging from HID/LED bulb installations to changing sensors or parts with electrical connections. I don't see how ECU relearns can harm the car.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Ronzuki

Hello all...been a while.

Great questions and excellent reply. I wouldn't replace the battery prematurely (it's in there and costs you nothing) until it starts demonstrating the Kizashi 'Gremlins' resulting from a weak battery, well documented on this forum. Highly recommend replacing it then w/ a quality AGM battery of the proper spec.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
Woodie

By the time I got here you've already got some pretty good answers. All four questions are pretty much answered by: If you're not having a specific problem, don't bother with it.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
Abdullah

Thank all for the support. I changed the battery . The last battery was the wet kind, in which you pour battery water. It would dry up ever second day. ( The pic with pervious written is the old battery installed by the last owner ) The CCA of that battery was 365.
The new ones CCA is 620. ImageImageImage

faskversi

Abdullah wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:32 pm Hello everyone,
Question 1:
Battery.
Suzuki says you have to put 85 ampere 12V battery, if I remember correctly, so if you put a 70 ampere 12V battery what are the drawbacks or potential damage? The reason I am asking this is because the last owner of my 2015 kizashi installed a 70 ampere battery in it so should I change it or leave it.

Question 2:
Fuel.
Suzuki recommends 92 octane. Now in Pakistan there are two types of fuel available. Super which is 90 to 92 octane and Hi-octane which is 95 to 97octane ( though it is advertised as 97 octane so it might be 97 octane). So my question is if I use 97 octane fuel in my car will it benefit my car or will it have adverse effects?

Question 3:

Question 4:
ECU reset.
The one where you disconnect the battery and connect the hot wire to the earth one and drain all the charge from your electronics and then reconnect so that it resets you ECU along with other things. Does that help, would you recommend it or is it bad for your car ( your kizashi to be specific )

Regards

Hello! I'll try my best to address your questions:

Question 1: Battery
Using a lower capacity battery than recommended by the manufacturer (such as a 70 ampere battery instead of the recommended 85 ampere battery) may have a few drawbacks. The main concern is that the battery may struggle to provide sufficient power for the electrical components of the vehicle, especially during periods of high demand like starting the engine or operating various accessories. This can result in slower cranking, dimming lights, and potential issues with the vehicle's electrical system. It's generally recommended to follow the manufacturer's specifications for the battery to ensure optimal performance.

Question 2: Fuel
Using higher octane fuel, such as the 97 octane fuel you mentioned, in a car that recommends 92 octane should not cause any adverse effects. In fact, higher octane fuel is designed to resist knocking or pre-ignition in high-performance engines. However, it's important to note that if your vehicle's engine is not specifically designed to take advantage of higher octane fuel, you may not notice any significant benefits in terms of performance or fuel efficiency. In such cases, using the recommended 92 octane fuel should be sufficient.

Question 3: Fuel Filter Part Number
The specific part number for the fuel filter of your Suzuki Kizashi may vary depending on the specific model and engine configuration. I recommend referring to the vehicle's owner's manual or contacting on fm whatsapp a Suzuki dealership or authorized service center to obtain the accurate part number for the fuel filter.

Question 4: ECU Reset
Performing a battery disconnect to reset the Engine Control Unit (ECU) is a common practice in the automotive world. It can help clear certain error codes and reset certain parameters in the ECU. However, it's important to note that this method may not address all issues and may not be necessary in regular maintenance. If you're experiencing specific problems with your vehicle, it's recommended to diagnose and address the root cause instead of relying solely on an ECU reset. If you choose to perform an ECU reset, ensure that you follow the correct procedure and take necessary precautions, such as disconnecting the battery properly and allowing the vehicle's electrical system to fully discharge before reconnecting.
Last edited by faskversi on Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
petter4845

Question 1:
Battery.

Question 2:
Fuel.

Question 3:

Question 4:
ECU reset.

Regards

Question 1:
Regarding the battery, Suzuki recommends a 85 ampere 12V battery. If you have a 70 ampere 12V battery installed, there may be some drawbacks or potential damage. The lower ampere rating might lead to reduced power supply, especially during high-demand situations like starting the car or using electrical accessories. It's generally advisable to follow the manufacturer's recommendations, so you might consider changing the battery to the recommended specifications.

Question 2:
Suzuki recommends using 92 octane fuel. In Pakistan, you have two options: Super fuel with 90 to 92 octane and Hi-octane fuel with 95 to 97 octane (advertised as 97 octane). Using 97 octane fuel in your car may offer some benefits, such as potentially improving performance and efficiency. However, it's important to note that modern engines are designed to work optimally with the recommended fuel grade. Using higher octane fuel than recommended may not provide significant advantages and could be more expensive. It's generally safe to use the recommended fuel grade unless specified otherwise by the manufacturer.

Question 3:
Unfortunately, I don't have access to specific part numbers, but the fuel filter part number for your Suzuki Kizashi can usually be found in the vehicle's service manual or by contacting your Yo local Suzuki dealership. They should be able to provide you with the accurate part number for the fuel filter.

Question 4:
Performing an ECU reset, which involves disconnecting the battery and draining the charge from the electronics, can sometimes help in resolving certain issues. It can reset the ECU (engine control unit) and other electronic systems in your car. However, it's important to note that this procedure should be performed cautiously and sparingly. It may not be necessary for regular maintenance or upkeep of your Kizashi unless you're experiencing specific issues that warrant an ECU reset. It's always a good idea to consult the vehicle's service manual or seek professional advice before attempting any reset procedures.
JavierEscuella92

petter4845 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:45 am
Question 1:
Battery.

Question 2:
Fuel.

Question 3:

Question 4:
ECU reset.

Regards

Question 1:
Regarding the battery, Suzuki recommends a 85 ampere 12V battery. If you have a 70 ampere 12V battery installed, there may be some drawbacks or potential damage. The lower ampere rating might lead to reduced power supply, especially during high-demand situations like starting the car or using electrical accessories. It's generally advisable to follow the manufacturer's recommendations, so you might consider changing the battery to the recommended specifications.

Question 2:
Suzuki recommends using 92 octane fuel. In Pakistan, you have two options: Super fuel with 90 to 92 octane and Hi-octane fuel with 95 to 97 octane (advertised as 97 octane). Using 97 octane fuel in your car may offer some benefits, such as potentially improving performance and efficiency. However, it's important to note that modern engines are designed to work optimally with the recommended fuel grade. Using higher octane fuel than recommended may not provide significant advantages and could be more expensive. It's generally safe to use the recommended fuel grade unless specified otherwise by the manufacturer.

Question 3:
Unfortunately, I don't have access to specific part numbers, but the fuel filter part number for your Suzuki Kizashi can usually be found in the vehicle's service manual or by contacting your FM WhatsApp Download local Suzuki dealership. They should be able to provide you with the accurate part number for the fuel filter.

Question 4:
Performing an ECU reset, which involves disconnecting the battery and draining the charge from the electronics, can sometimes help in resolving certain issues. It can reset the ECU (engine control unit) and other electronic systems in your car. However, it's important to note that this procedure should be performed cautiously and sparingly. It may not be necessary for regular maintenance or upkeep of your Kizashi unless you're experiencing specific issues that warrant an ECU reset. It's always a good idea to consult the vehicle's service manual or seek professional advice before attempting any reset procedures.

Damn you know so much. I wish I had someone like you as friend. Who can guide me like you guided the OP above. Once again, thank you so much.
JavierEscuella92

Question 1:
Battery.

Question 2:
Fuel.

Question 3:
Can anyone tell me what the part number is of the fuel filterGB Whatsapp Download?

Question 4:
ECU reset.

Regards

Hey there,

Let's dive right into your questions!

Battery: While Suzuki recommends a 85 ampere 12V battery for your Kizashi, using a 70 ampere battery shouldn't cause major issues, especially if the previous owner has been using it without any noticeable problems. However, a lower capacity battery may not provide as much power for starting the car, especially in colder conditions or if you have additional electrical accessories. If you haven't experienced any issues with the current battery, you might be fine sticking with it for now, but it's something to keep an eye on.

Fuel: Using a higher octane fuel like 97 octane might offer some performance benefits, such as improved engine performance and efficiency, as well as potentially reducing the risk of engine knocking. However, it's important to note that modern engines are designed to run on a specific octane rating, and using a higher octane fuel than recommended may not provide significant benefits and could potentially be a waste of money. If your Kizashi runs fine on 90 to 92 octane fuel, you might not see much of a difference by switching to 97 octane.

Fuel Filter: The part number for the fuel filter will depend on the specific model and year of your Kizashi. It's best to consult your vehicle's manual or contact a Suzuki dealership for the correct part number.

ECU Reset: Performing an ECU reset by disconnecting the battery can sometimes help resolve certain issues with the car's electronic systems, such as resetting error codes or adapting to changes in fuel quality or driving conditions. However, it's generally not recommended to do this frequently, as it can also reset important parameters and adaptations that the ECU has learned over time. If you're experiencing specific issues with your Kizashi, it might be worth trying an ECU reset as a troubleshooting step, but otherwise, it's best to leave it to the professionals or only perform it when necessary.

Hope that helps! If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask.
Alina39

Question 1:
Battery.

Question 2:
Fuel.

Question 3:

Question 4:
ECU reset.

Regards

Hello,

Question 1:
Using a 70 ampere battery instead of the recommended 85 ampere may lead to insufficient power, affecting the car's performance, and could cause starting issues. It's advisable to follow Suzuki's specifications for optimal functioning and consider changing the battery.

Question 2:
While 97 octane fuel won't harm your Suzuki Kizashi, it may not provide significant benefits unless your car requires higher octane for performance. Stick to the recommended 92 octane for cost efficiency unless your owner's manual suggests otherwise.

Question 3:
For the fuel filter part number, refer to your vehicle's manual or contact Suzuki's customer support for accurate information tailored to your specific Kizashi model.

Question 4:
Performing an ECU reset can help recalibrate the system, but it's crucial to follow your car's manual or seek professional advice. While it might resolve certain issues, unnecessary resets may not be beneficial and can lead to loss of settings.

Always consult with a qualified mechanic or contact Suzuki directly for precise information tailored to your car's make and model. Safe driving!