Bluetooth/Usb

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
taselsewhere

Hey,

just bought me a Kizashi 2011 like 1 week ago. Have searched a lot about how to connect/pair my Bluetooth to the car. The info I have found and such on the internet and In the car book seems not to work when I try to pair my phone at all even tho Bluetooth are in the car/installed. Is it something I'm missing or doing wrong? Seems my phone doesn't find the car either. But as I understand it you need to do that first in the car before pairing to the phone? Same with the USB port it seems to work sometimes but most of the time it doesn't. I'm using an FM-Transmitter atm but not as good.

Any tips, help or have I missed a post on here with the information I need? Or should I just replace the stereo with anotherone?

// Tas
kyle.makinzie

This is no information but I have a newer iPhone and when I do the usb it doesn’t work for me at all. It charges my phone but doesn’t play anything. I don’t know if it because of our newer model phones or not. But I noticed my phone does the same thing with my phone when I do the usb connection with my moms 2012 Hyundai Genesis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
taselsewhere

Thanks anyway, Kyle! I actually got the Bluetooth to work... finally! Seems I missed the point in how to do it and did it all wrong all along... or I'm just dumb to not read all the lines in how to pair haha. Same here tried the USB with 4 different cables and it connected like once in ten tries to the stereo and still no audio the only one time it worked. But it charged... Sound like it can be because of the newer phone models I guess if it doesn't work as it should.
kyle.makinzie

Hey you teach one and learn some. Thank you! I’m going to try again! Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KlutzNinja

Some phone/USB cables only charge, others charge and can link data like music. Something I found the hard way lol. There are some older threads here discussing playing music through phones/iPods/USB memory sticks, and I recall that the Kizashi is pretty picky on how much storage a device can have. It doesn’t like devices with a lot of storage for some reason. My iPhone 6S still works, but it’s not always seamless. It helps if I start playing a track before I plug in. Otherwise the car will just get stuck “reading” the device before getting an error message in the screen a couple minutes later.

There’s a video on YouTube, I think, of how to pair the Kizashi to your phone’s BT that’s pretty straightforward. In case anyone else needs to pair their devices.
Current: Blue 2018 Mazda 3 GT 5-Door
Previous: Blue 2010 Ford Focus SES,
Black 2013 Kizashi Sport GTS-L (CVT; FWD)(RIP)