TPMS problem

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
GBan

I just bought 2011 Kizashi, love it. However the Tire Pressure Monitor System has been on since the moment I bought it, Dealer says it is the TPMS receiver/modulator. They had replaced all 4 sensors. System did reset and it drove for about 10 miles and the TPMS system warning came on with the big flashing yellows warning light.

Here is my problem I have no idea where the receiver is or what the part is, I cannot find even any mention of it!

Does anyone know about this receiver or what can be done to test or fix it or replace a part?
old tech

I don’t think you need any kind of receiver. I’ve never run into any problems with that. What are you probably do have is aftermarket sensors that are never going to be accepted by the car. For some reason they made the Kizashi very finicky on what sensors could be used. They are the same sensor used by Dodge and Mitsubishi and if you just go on eBay you can buy a set of four that are guaranteed to work but are used for less than $40 for the set. TPMS registration is easily done with the scan tool but also could be done without any special tools although I’ve never done it that way someone on the site can probably tell you how to do that or maybe find it in past history here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ronzuki

OT,
What Dodge and Mitsu models should the OP be looking at sonsor for, and/or the brand/part numbers for the compatible sensors ?
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
old tech

This is the correct replacement for the Kizashi. I’ve have used some take off sensors that were oem from other car manufacturers that work in the Kizashi but they need to be the Continental/vdo brand.Image
These are currently on eBay when I posted this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk