Whistling sound only when accelerating

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
raspinner55

Hi everyone,

My kizashi was starting, idling, and driving loud so I posted in here and took some suggestions and went and had a new flex pipe welded in. This worked, because now my car is quiet like before and purrs like a kitten. However, now there’s a whistling sound when I accelerate and get up to about 30mph or 1.5 rpms. It doesn’t make any noise while in park or neutral and the place that I took it to get the flex pipe welded in said that couldn’t recreate the sound with the car on the lift. They also said the belts are fine and there are no exhaust leaks. Any ideas on what this could be and suggested steps?

Thanks in advance!
old tech

There’s not really much information to go off of there but what I think you have is noise from a replacement flex that doesn’t have the quieting mesh inside it. Some of the nicer ones have like a woven internal liner. Also sometimes smaller Flexes are used because they’re cheaper so if it’s smaller it could be restricting exhaust flow at a higher RPM causing a whistle noise.Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
raspinner55

From what I can tell, what you said appears to be the case. Thank for all of your help! Luckily it's nothing detrimental, just a tad annoying when the windows are down.