Rear wheel bearing

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Jasper2

I suddenly had two warnings at the same time: service ESP system and service ABS system.Sensor was replaced, rust was removed.
about a month later, same two warnings re-appeared.
Now the complete ABS ring of the bearing has 'rotten away' (dealers words).
Complete hub has to be replaced.
Is this normal? I have never heard anything like this happening. Car is 9 years old now.
Should I claim warranty? Or is this 'expected' wear?
Maybe a known issue with the Gran Vitara, as these are shared parts?
Attachments
Kizashi rear bearing.jpg
Kizashi rear bearing.jpg (61.41 KiB) Viewed 1210 times
kizashi sensor.JPG
old tech

I don’t think the explanation was exactly accurate.The exciter ring is actually inside of the wheel bearing seal. Most manufacturers have gone this way and as long as there’s no moisture it works fantastic. What I think happened in your case is water has seeped into that area and has rusted and expanded thus chewing into the sensor. The wheel bearings are surprisingly inexpensive aftermarket and can be found on eBay quite easily. The sensor however is not at least not that I found. I think you’ll be stuck with an original only on this but it might still be salvageable . I would spray paint the end of it and try it the worst that could happen is that it didn’t work you could also check the resistance on it there’s just two wires on the sensor and it should have some continuity I can’t tell you what it should actually be without a manual. Try to have everything clean so that the thing has a chance to seal up . Put a little bit of axle grease on the bare metal pieces should help extend the life inside that chamber. There may be an O-ring the top of that sensor. Seal this up good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk