fuel pump shut off switch

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Ddog58

I am new here and this is my first time to post. I hope I am not out of line in any way. I have a 2012 SLS with CVT. I am trying to find the fuel pump shut off switch or ( inertia switch ). Does this vehicle actually have one? If it has one where the heck did they hide it?
old tech

There is none..What problems are you having and when did it start ? Any codes?
Ddog58

I bought the car used from a small used car lot back in March. I barely got it home. The codes pulled up stepper motor and a solenoid I replaced those and nothing changed. That is when I started reading on here. Complete trans rebuild $4300 in August. Seemed good. I was finally going to get to drive this car. On day 2 it starts acting funny on the highway. I assume trans and slow down to see if it corrects. Then I notice smoke so I pull off onto the grass and shut it off. It had overheated The shop said trans was good but there was hole in radiator and lost all coolant. It hasn't run since. It will crank but not turn over. A friendlooked with me and it seems like no gas or no spark. No codes. I should have my head examined but I still have the tiniest hope of driving it. I should kiss it good bye along with the 9 grand already sunk into it.
old tech

That is a sad story. Anyhow the new problem you have , lets try and figure what you have. Im suspecting the overheat was a bit severe and that now there is a loss of compression. How does the radiator cap look? how does the radiator look where the cap seats ? Is there a smell of unburned fuel in radiator or coolant reserve? Place a ping-pong ball on radiator neck and attempt to start . If ball moves , you have compression leaking through at head gasket from a distorted cly head . If all seems good lets check for spark and fuel pressure.
KuroNekko

Yeah, the part about the overheat and loss of coolant has me worried about the head gasket.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Ddog58

New radiator and cap. Old cap had the gasket kinda melted. No gas smell. I will try the ping pong ball and let you know the result. Thanks for the help.
Ddog58

There's not much in the radiator. Should I add some? How full should it be for the ping pong ball test?
Ddog58

I guess the worries were completely valid. Hit the ignition switch and that ping pong ball started dancing for it's supper. So that pretty much means the head gasket was damaged and would need to be replaced. That is a pretty costly repair I believe. I don't think it is wise to put that much more money into that vehicle. Seems it is time to calll it a day and let this one go. I need to see if I can get a little something back out of it for parts. What an idiot. I almost closed this out. I forgot my manners for a minute. Thanks to anybody who had a thought or an opinion that they put in. I appreciate it. Old Tech thank you sir. You are a gentleman and a scholar. Thanks for spending your time helping those who lack your vast knowledge.
Woodie

That brand new transmission should be worth something.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
old tech

Im not so sure you sure should through in the towel at this point. The head can be removed in the car and its fairly easy as far as todays engines go. The cyl head can be gotten used at $300 . Total job $1300, or less if your head is salvageable. Engine replacement could be done at $1800. Add another 200 for radiator. A working car is gold right now and for the foreseeable future.If you are bent on dumping though , I could be interested in it as well as performing repairs if you wanted to keep it.wher are you?