Problem with Radio unit

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
NickL

Hi guys,

As it"s mentioned above, I have a small Problem with Radio in my Kizashi and I hope that somebody can help me to fix it.

When the Temperatures in late Spring and Summer start to raise to and above 25C, and when the car is left out on the Sun, when I start the car and start driving, the screen on the Radio is not working at all. Radio plays the music and everything else is Ok, but I can not read anythinh on Display. As soon as I start AC and the interior becomes cooler, Display is working again.

I visited one Electronic repair Shop and explained the Problem. I was told that this Problem can not be fixed because the Problem is some kind of seal rubber arround the screen. When it's hot in the car, the rubber will expand and split the contact which produces the screen to shut down. As soon the temperature cooles down, the rubber will gather, which will connect electrical contact and make the Display to work again.

Does anyone had the same Problem with his Radio in Kizashi and if yes, how did you sort it out? Thanks in advance....
"The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing". H. Ford
reddevil

Get you a sunshade for the windshield. Keeps the sun out. Buy ventshades and open windows slightly so inside doesn't get so hot. You can even keep the windows slightly opened when it rains. The ventshades keep the rain out. Tint windows helps also, if you get the good tint that keeps out 70% of sunlight.
NickL

Thanks a lot for the advice, but that won't actually solve my Issue.

Did someone else also had the same Problem with the radio like me?
NickL

Problem finally solved, yuhu!

As I was previously told in the Electronic workshop that the source of the Problem is in the seal rubber around the display, I removed the Radio Unit from the car and completely took it apart. When I was finally able to come to the display, I used electrical isolation tape and wrapped around the Display a few circles, and doing so I practically pressed the seal rubber around the Display. When I put the radio together again and installed it in the car, I realized that the Problem is finally solved and the Display is working properly again independently from the Temperature outside.

I am so happy that I was persistent to find the solution. If anyone has or will be having similar issue with his radio, you can try the same thing. I bet it can help....