Low RPM when idle

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
nickoloza

Hello.

So, my '10 2.4 CVT fwd Kizashi has around 550-600 RPM when idle on R or D and as a result, whole car shakes (but not too much). When shifted in P or N, the needle goes up to 700 and shaking is gone entirely. Cleaned car throttle valve, changed all spark plugs with NGK Laser Iridiums.

Also, I noticed, that when the car is warmed up and the RPM is generally low, car does not creep forward/backwards as other automatics do and i'm guessing its due to this low rpm, because, when the car is cold and RPM is bit higher, it creeps very well.

So, have you guys experienced same scenario? Should needle be stayed that low when idle?

Someone told me that I should use OBD and manually set the RPM to +600, it this the case?

Thank you in advance!
KuroNekko

Try disconnecting the battery's negative terminal, opening the air filter box, and cleaning the MAF sensor with an appropriate spray cleaner. After fully dried, reassemble everything and reconnect the battery. See if that helps the idle.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
nickoloza

KuroNekko wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:08 pm Try disconnecting the battery's negative terminal, opening the air filter box, and cleaning the MAF sensor with an appropriate spray cleaner. After fully dried, reassemble everything and reconnect the battery. See if that helps the idle.

Hello.

Will try that 100%, thanks.
Endeavour1200

Similar problem with my MT Kizashi.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5549