Rough Idle

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
dencoby

Hi All,
Sorry for yet another rough idle thread.
My 2010 Kizashi has had an idle problem for over 12months now. The car feels like it's about to stall when slowing down at the lights and shakes while sitting in drive. It does seem to vary how rough the idle is, sometimes it's just enough to feel it through the steering wheel, other times it shakes the whole car.

Things I've had done to it.
New spark plugs
Intake clean
New MAF sensor
Replaced vacuum hose to pcv

A mobile mechanic couldn't find a reason after checking things over. No codes are present either.
Any suggestions on what to try next?
It's a 2010 AWD CVT.

Thanks in advance.
Endeavour1200

Might want to check your motor mounts!
SAEED_KIZZY

unfortunately, a lot of reasons can cause that
bad MAF sensor
dirty fuel injector
bad fuel pump
bad oxygen sensor
also check CVT oil condition.
Woodie

Welcome dencoby !

You say "replaced vacuum hose to PCV" did you replace the PCV valve? They're cheap and the same one fits multiple Suzuki models, so it should be available. I'd also throw a bottle of fuel injector cleaner in the tank, I like Chevron Techron myself.
Last edited by Woodie on Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
KuroNekko

When you cleaned the intake, do you thoroughly clean the engine-side of the throttle body too? The process requires actually cleaning the TB with a cleaner and wiping it off with a cloth because a lot of dark dirt/crud can collect there. I had similar stalling issues in the past that were resolved by a thorough throttle body cleaning of both sides of the plate. Make sure to disconnect the battery's negative terminal for this process and undo the harness at the throttle body to remove it. Once all cleaned and reassembled, reconnect the battery's negative cable and let the engine relearn fuel trims.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
dencoby

Hi All,
Sorry for my late reply, we have had some crazy weather here in Australia.
Thanks you for the suggestions, after some engine bay checks I noticed that a bolt had fallen out of the intake manifold. Not sure what the part is that was half hanging off with just one bolt letting air in, but ive since replaced the bolt.

Things have certainly improved but it hasn't fully gone away, now after ive stopped at the lights its fine, then after about 5-10 seconds it starts to be a little bit rough again but doesn't shake the whole car like it use to.
I did forget to mention that my mobile mechanic did a full intake clean and fuel system clean at the same time and that did not help. Not that I fully trust him as he didnt notice the missing bolt. :?

Forgot all about the PCV valve, I will try that next!
rohanahmed

dencoby wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:20 am Hi All,
Sorry for my late reply, we have had some crazy weather here in Australia.
Thanks you for the suggestions, after some engine bay checks I noticed that a bolt had fallen out of the intake manifold. Not sure what the part is that was half hanging off with just one bolt letting air in, but ive since replaced the bolt.

Things have certainly improved but it hasn't fully gone away, now after ive stopped at the lights its fine, then after about 5-10 seconds it starts to be a little bit rough again but doesn't shake the whole car like it use to.
I did forget to mention that my mobile mechanic did a full intake clean and fuel system clean at the same time and that did not help. Not that I fully trust him as he didnt notice the missing bolt. :?

Forgot all about the PCV valve, I will try that next!
I dont see any fallen bolt. Can you highlight it?
Also the assembly you see is a "ACTUATOR INTK CONTROLLER VALVE - 13471-80J00". Did you replace it?