Radio replacement

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Klaa$vaaK

SAEED_KIZZY wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:03 am why do you need an OE amplifier? Kizashi audio system comes with 2 setups with or without Rockford sound system. Based on your HU picture your car does not have Rockford so you do not need OE amplifier. you just need a simple 100W mono amp to drive your subwoofer.
I dont need it, but I thought it wasnt possible. Ive seen the topic and been thinking and there a few options and I have to decide which one I will do.
1) a simple 100 watt mono amp (but I cant find a nice one). Set it up between g248 connector and hu.
2) a 5 channel amp (dont know how much watt rms, 300 maybe 500? Set it up on oe amplifier bracket. Run speaker wire and 3 pair tulip from amp to g248 connector. And power for amp, can I connect that the same you did in fuse box 2?
3) rf amp and maybe in future the oe rf speakers. Run speaker wire from every speaker/tweeter to amp, and from amp to hu.

I am afraid that we are much alike, I would endup doing all those things and spent alot of money because i am not satisfied with the config.

So can you tell me more about setting up the rf amp?

Regards KlaasvaaK
SAEED_KIZZY

RF Amplifier of Kizashi is a special amplifier designed for this car you can go to this page to see full detail specs of this amplifier:https://rockfordfosgate.com/products/de ... re%20sound.
Rockford Sound Systems is a package consisting of headunit+Amplifier+8 separate speakers(4+1 Mid+2 tweeter+1 Subwoofer) you can not use just an amplifier and expect it to work.
2) a 5 channel amp (dont know how much watt rms, 300 maybe 500? Set it up on oe amplifier bracket. Run speaker wire and 3 pair tulip from amp to g248 connector. And power for amp, can I connect that the same you did in fuse box 2?
Yes, you can get amp power from fuse box NO.2 but keep in mind that your car OE door speakers do not need an amplifier to drive because those are not that powerful (I think those are 20W speakers) Most HU can drive those speakers without amplifier.
Klaa$vaaK

SAEED_KIZZY wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:54 am RF Amplifier of Kizashi is a special amplifier designed for this car you can go to this page to see full detail specs of this amplifier:https://rockfordfosgate.com/products/de ... re%20sound.
Rockford Sound Systems is a package consisting of headunit+Amplifier+8 separate speakers(4+1 Mid+2 tweeter+1 Subwoofer) you can not use just an amplifier and expect it to work.
Yes, you can get amp power from fuse box NO.2 but keep in mind that your car OE door speakers do not need an amplifier to drive because those are not that powerful (I think those are 20W speakers) Most HU can drive those speakers without amplifier.
When I look to the wiring diagram its just like every other amplifier. The 8 speaker wires to the headunit. Why does the rf amp doesn’t work with a aftermarket headunit? There is no connection what so ever with the headunit. Only the 8 speaker wires.

When I look at the topic you have upgraded to the rf amp yourself, did you use the oem hu?
SAEED_KIZZY

KlaasvaaK, the RF amplifier does not have a gain adjustment for inputs in my case, My aftermarket HU (JVC) has preamp output RCA I connected it to the RF amplifier and fortunately it worked with no distortion. but more importantly, I changed all of my OE speakers with brand new Rockford speakers which I bought from Megazip those speakers have more power and are also designed to work with RF amplifiers.
right now this setup works in my car but lots of modification is needed. you also need to build a new wiring harness because the RF sound system has different wiring.
Klaa$vaaK

SAEED_KIZZY wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:48 pm KlaasvaaK, the RF amplifier does not have a gain adjustment for inputs in my case, My aftermarket HU (JVC) has preamp output RCA I connected it to the RF amplifier and fortunately it worked with no distortion. but more importantly, I changed all of my OE speakers with brand new Rockford speakers which I bought from Megazip those speakers have more power and are also designed to work with RF amplifiers.
right now this setup works in my car but lots of modification is needed. you also need to build a new wiring harness because the RF sound system has different wiring.
My hu also has a preamp out.

I know that much modification is needed but I think I want to do this. Can you tell me what I need to do?

Is it what I said, wire from every speaker to the amp, and wiring from amp to hu? And of course power for the amp?

Is the wiring for the rf system integrated in the oem wiring harness? It is not a part you can order
on megazip?

KlaasvaaK
SAEED_KIZZY

Is the wiring for the rf system integrated in the oem wiring harness?
Yes, it is integrated You have to order the whole wiring harness which is impractical and super expensive.
you have to build a wiring harness and also need connectors for RF AMP in my case I bought the AMP with a mating connector attached to it(from eBay) without a connector reliable connection is impossible.
from head unit you need RCA outputs and also a remote signal to turn rf amplifier on/off.
from FuseBOX No.2 you can get 12V battery power and the rest is wiring from AMP to Speakers.
Klaa$vaaK

SAEED_KIZZY wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:08 pm
Yes, it is integrated You have to order the whole wiring harness which is impractical and super expensive.
you have to build a wiring harness and also need connectors for RF AMP in my case I bought the AMP with a mating connector attached to it(from eBay) without a connector reliable connection is impossible.
from head unit you need RCA outputs and also a remote signal to turn rf amplifier on/off.
from FuseBOX No.2 you can get 12V battery power and the rest is wiring from AMP to Speakers.
Yes I am going to buy a amplifier with bracket and connectors on it.

This wil be a mayor modification which is going to take I while 🙈

First i am going to try to get the oem microphone to work. I wil update here.

Again, thank you very much for your input.

Regards KlaasvaaK
SAEED_KIZZY

no problem, have fun Klaa$vaaK. :)
Klaa$vaaK

Klaa$vaaK wrote:
SAEED_KIZZY wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:08 pm
Yes I am going to buy a amplifier with bracket and connectors on it.

This wil be a mayor modification which is going to take I while Image

First i am going to try to get the oem microphone to work. I wil update here.

Again, thank you very much for your input.

Regards KlaasvaaK
Update,

I received the amp and I have a question, If you look at the picture you can see some wires are in a bundle:

Can someone with the Rockford Fosgate setup tell me if the gray wires run trought the car, seems like they are extra isolated.

Klaa$vaak

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
SAEED_KIZZY

@Klaa$vaaK, those are audio in of AMP and covered with shield signal connected to body ground all of this info is shown in the wiring diagram. you need to read the service manual for more information and signal description.
Attachments
New Bitmap image.jpg