Thoughts on trans fluid at 60k?

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
totakeke

I've always heard that dealing with transmission fluid can potentially kill your transmission (especially if you deal with it in the car's later miles), so I've always been hesitant to change the transmission fluid. I'm not sure if that theory that "old transmissions can sometimes just be held together by the grit" even applies to CVTs. This is just what I hear from my dad who's had a lot of his cars transmissions go out and I'm not sure if he ever tried changing their transmission fluid. Uh, anyway...

I'm curious as to whether I should do a fluid change at 60k, whether that's too late or not. I got my Kizashi at 48k and frankly I probably should've changed out the fluid then. Maybe I got lucky and the dealership did it but that's probably wishful thinking. As the title suggests, I'm at 60k now. I think I've done most of my research on this stuff (change every 30k, check for metal shavings), I've just put it off for a long time.
old tech

You are fine to service it now infact thats what I would have recommended.
kizzy1

I have serviced the cvt on my 2010 at 60k and again at 95k. I'm now at 106k and all is well. I did 2 back-to-back drain and fills at 60k and just a single drain and fill at 95k. I also threw caution to the wind and used Redline cvt fluid (high quality synthetic) which seems to work just fine. I believe the "spec'd" fluid is low quality and have had no problems...I recommend it. Also, I have been easy on it. I believe that with regular fluid changes and sensible driving they can last a long time (I'm hoping that's the case as I have no intention of replacing it in this insane car market).