Auto folding mirrors activation

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
ttjorkin

Hi. After removing the battery terminals on my Kizashi, my rear-view mirrors stopped folding automatically when I close the doors.. I don't have a fold mirror button on the door panel, but everything worked before the change of battery! Mayby you know a combination on the dashboard (like on/off DRL or theft deterrent alarm system), which will allow me to restore it. I like this car and I want to have this function.

My local dealer say, that must be a retract button, but I know that retracting of mirrors worked without it!
KuroNekko

Where are you located? You must be in a market where that feature was offered by the factory.
Anyhow, I have no personal experience with it (no US models were sold with auto folding mirrors), but holding down the DISP button on the steering wheel for several seconds while the car is on but stopped will get you into a selection menu for some features of the vehicle. Try go through that menu and see if a setting is in there for the mirrors.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
ttjorkin

I am from Ukraine. I bought it from auction (IAAI) from USA. About DISP: there are nothing about folding mirror or something like this. This function worked before changing battery! I think must be something like in Suzuki Wagon ( I don't want to do programing BCM by special device.
KuroNekko

ttjorkin wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:58 am I am from Ukraine. I bought it from auction (IAAI) from USA. About DISP: there are nothing about folding mirror or something like this. This function worked before changing battery! I think must be something like in Suzuki Wagon ( I don't want to do programing BCM by special device.
If the car was originally from the USA, then the folding mirrors are aftermarket thus will not be controlled by the car's original equipment or settings. This also explains why you don't have a button. Check the wiring for the mirrors and make sure things are properly connected and the in-line fuse is not blown. If your mirrors folded when you closed the doors (engine off?) then I assume the mirrors were directly connected to the battery for power by aftermarket wiring. Make sure that wasn't compromised or left disconnected by the battery change.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
ttjorkin

I have only this wires (see attached file "Connector"). All fuses I checked. I think must be code like DRL (see attached file "DRL"). I hope that some people knows it!
Attachments
DRL.jpg
Connector.jpg
SAEED_KIZZY

I agree with KuroNekko. There must be an aftermarket module somewhere. Pins 3 and 4 are needed to control the motor inside the mirror to fold the mirror. look for aftermarket wiring first from the mirror assembly into the door trim.