The ignition coil on the second cylinder fails every few months

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
kizashiwanter

Every few months my second cylinder ignition coil breaks. All the others have not been replaced since new, and I am replacing the one on the second cylinder for the fifth time. How about what causes this coil to wear out faster?
old tech

kizashiwanter wrote:Every few months my second cylinder ignition coil breaks. All the others have not been replaced since new, and I am replacing the one on the second cylinder for the fifth time. How about what causes this coil to wear out faster?
The number two cylinder would be subjected to a little more heat because of it being placed more towards the center but I think your repeated coil failure is more due to possibly an aftermarket copy just not being as good as the original. Could you try taking the number four coil and putting it in the number two spot and putting your new coil on number four and see if you get a different result. I’m finding these original coils to last 165k miles before losing one and yes, it does seem to always be the number 2 to be the first to bow out. I prefer the original even if used on this application. How many miles did you get before the first coil failure?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kizashiwanter

My car is 110k miles now, but I am the 5th owner and in my country they like to cheat that value. However, when I bought it, I saw that the previous owner also changed this coil, because it had a different color from the others.
kizashiwanter

I see that the cubes for the ignition coils on cylinders 1-3 have a different color than 2-4. It seems to me that 2-4 are not original because I see dots marked with a marker on them. Something was done with this car and probably now these spare parts are breaking down, hence my car is running so unevenly.
I would like to confirm that all dice should be of the same color, and that the white (more ivory) ones are original (at least that's what they look like)?

KuroNekko

The originals look like what you have in 1 and 3. That being said, #3 has a bolt that is not original. It does look like prior owners had the coils replaced and moved around.
I had a coil fail on my Kizashi in cylinder #1 back in summer of 2018. I replaced it with an NGK coil and it has run perfectly fine since. I would highly suggest NGK or Denso coils for the car as they are quality Japanese OEMs. I think the OE coils on the Kizashi are made by Denso but I'm not certain. Given the age of the original coils and the problems you're having with the aftermarket ones, I would suggest buying all four new coils online made by NGK or Denso, if not the Suzuki OE part. You might as well replace the spark plugs too if not already done because of your mileage.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
SAEED_KIZZY

a worn spark plug also can cause the coil to fail.
kizashiwanter

KuroNekko wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:13 pm I would suggest buying all four new coils online made by NGK or Denso.
In my country, when I am looking for coils for kizashi, they cost a fortune. Does another car have the same coils? Grand vitara maybe? Then the item itself will probably be much cheaper there. Do they have a suzuki part number that I can search for?
old tech

33400-51k40 is Suzuki p/n and has a retail of $300 . Here in the states the 2.0 sx4 2010-13 and the 2.4 Vitara use the same ignition coil.
SAEED_KIZZY

from your picture, it looks like the wiring for ignition coils 1,2 is twisted somehow I think it is not good for coil operation. also checking the wire visually may be helpful.
kizashiwanter

where are these wires led? Is it possible to buy whole wires from the coils? They are later connected with some dice or soldered somewhere?