replacement serpentine belt, tensioner and idler pulley. There are two the same idler pulley?

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
kizashiwanter

While checking valve clearances I found a "cut" piece of serpentine belt under the hood. I have to replace it. From what I am looking for information on the Internet, it is not an easy task. So I want to replace the tensioner and idler pulley right away, because one of them works loudly. I don't know which one yet.
I found the photo below on this forum. There are two pulleys labeled "just a pulley". Are they the same?
Belt tensioner I found Febest 0790-GRV
Idler pulley: Febest 0788-GRV. I don't know whether to buy 2 at once, are they different pulleys and I need a different catalog number for the second one?
KuroNekko

So I'm the one who made that labeled graphic and it's wrong. The tensioner is actually between the water pump and the crank pulley. As for the two pulleys, they are not the same. One is ribbed and the other is smooth because one contacts the inside of the belt while the other pulley contacts the outside. I bought replacement pulleys on RockAuto.com made by Continental but they were not the correct parts for the Kizashi. I bought the parts long before replacing them so I could not return them by the time I realized they were the wrong parts. I ended up reusing the original pulleys I removed when I changed the serpentine belt. As for the belt itself, it was difficult due to the lack of access and having to work the tensioner from under the car without much space. It's definitely an easier job for a pro with a proper car lift and tensioner tool but not impossible to do yourself.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
kizashiwanter

ohh, if the pulles are swapped in the picture then i can already see one should be grooved and the other should be smooth. On rockauto I can see Alternate/OEM Part Numbers. How to find out which is the original suzuki part number? I guess that will be the easiest way for me to look for.
KuroNekko

kizashiwanter wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:55 pm ohh, if the pulles are swapped in the picture then i can already see one should be grooved and the other should be smooth. On rockauto I can see Alternate/OEM Part Numbers. How to find out which is the original suzuki part number? I guess that will be the easiest way for me to look for.
Check out the OE part numbers at megazip.net.
[email protected]

Question for you, there are 2 idler pulleys and 1 tensioner pulley. 1 is grooved the other 2 are smooth. The 2 smooth pulleys are they the same part number? 2010 Suzuki kizashi
KuroNekko

[email protected] wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:12 pm Question for you, there are 2 idler pulleys and 1 tensioner pulley. 1 is grooved the other 2 are smooth. The 2 smooth pulleys are they the same part number? 2010 Suzuki kizashi
I don't know for certain but I doubt it. One of them would be on the tensioner and looking at the photo, the pulley on it does not even look identical to the other smooth-sided pulley. I'd personally replace the entire tensioner instead of just the pulley anyway.