Problem with front parking Sensors

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
NickL

Few days ago I started to get some weird message from board computer that my front sensors need to be serviced or cleaned. On the screen in the middle between speed Gauge and Rpm Gauge I have a picture of a car and front sensors, and I can not change the screen in order to see the Mileage, Average speed etc. Rear sensors as well as front sensors on the side are working just fine.

Did anyone have the same or similar Problem? If yes how did you solve it?

Thanks in advance...
"The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing". H. Ford
SAEED_KIZZY

Yes, I had. In my case, it was a lost connection with all front parking sensors(bad connection in the front bumper connector) .it's best to read the DTC code first. error code stored on the instrument cluster ECU.
meanwhile, try to press the parking OFF switch maybe it helps to clear the display.
also, check front right fog light working or not (the right fog lamp and parking sensor share the same connector)
NickL

Yes, I allready switched off the parking sensors because it drove me nuts. I will have to take a closer look at the connectors. What was wrong with the connector in your case? Moisture came in, was it loose or something like that?
SAEED_KIZZY

NickL wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:40 pm Yes, I allready switched off the parking sensors because it drove me nuts. I will have to take a closer look at the connectors. What was wrong with the connector in your case? Moisture came in, was it loose or something like that?
for me just a loose connector. I have a bad habit of taking the front bumper apart more than usual :facepalm:
Kizashi parking sensors are connected together in series means if one fails all fail I suggest checking connector of each sensor too.
NickL

Ok. Thanks a lot for the advice. I will take a look at it in the upcoming days when I catch some time...
NickL

Just one more question for you Saaed.

Do you need to completely remove front bumper in order to reach the the Parking Sensor connector, or can you somehow reacht it underneath the car?
SAEED_KIZZY

NickL wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:08 am Just one more question for you Saaed.

Do you need to completely remove front bumper in order to reach the the Parking Sensor connector, or can you somehow reacht it underneath the car?
yes you have to remove the bumper also if your car has a headlight washer remember to disconnect the washer hose under the right headlight
NickL

Thanks again. Does anyone knows where can I buy online original front parking Sensor for Kizashi?
NickL

Are front and rear parking sensors the same? I assume not, but then the better question would be if all 4 of the front parking sensors are the same?

We connected Kizashi to computer diagnostic and it is showing that front left sensor is mailfunctioning. The other 3 sensors are working just fine, and the fog lights as well.

It is not such a quick job to dissasemle front bumper but I will have to do it. And when I do so, I will have to be really sure that I bought the right sensor beacause there is no way I am going to do this job twice. :)