Multiple things not working after dash removal

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
zjesper1

Hi All,

I recently got my dashboard removed so the evap could be replaced.
I Picked the car up yesterday and didn't notice anything wrong at first, but unfortunately that changed.
The following items stopped working:

- Dome lights
- Microphone
- Automatic headlights

Before driving 2hrs back to the garage I wonder if this is maybe some cable they forgot to reconnect.
Seeing that the Microphone isn't working I would assume this might be a cable that's not connected to the radio anymore, but I wonder if that's the same cable for the auto headlights (doesn't seem logical to me).

Does anyone know how the auto headlights/dome lights/microphone are connected to the car? Where does the cable go to?
Any help or tips is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Woodie

Could be a cable that goes up to the roof of the car. Auto headlights probably has a sensor near the rearview mirror.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
KuroNekko

As Woodie wrote, it's also my understanding the auto-headlight sensor is on or near the rear view mirror (I don't have it on my Kizashi).
As for the dome lights and microphone, they are also overhead components so this makes me think that the technician forgot to reconnect a harness for a cable that runs from the roof of the vehicle down to the dash/firewall via an A pillar.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
zjesper1

KuroNekko wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 10:00 pm As Woodie wrote, it's also my understanding the auto-headlight sensor is on or near the rear view mirror (I don't have it on my Kizashi).
As for the dome lights and microphone, they are also overhead components so this makes me think that the technician forgot to reconnect a harness for a cable that runs from the roof of the vehicle down to the dash/firewall via an A pillar.
Thanks for the tip, I will be removing the radio/airco and A pillars to see if I can find anything.
Do you have any clue where the harness might need to be reconnected to?
SAEED_KIZZY

I checked the wiring diagram it seems Mic, Auto light data bus wires, and head roof console share the same connector K152(10-pin connector) most likely this connector is loose or the harness is broken.
Unfortunately, I can not find the exact location of this connector but my guess would be somewhere around the fuse box
3.png
2.png
2.png (7.75 KiB) Viewed 1065 times
1.png
zjesper1

SAEED_KIZZY wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 2:07 pm I checked the wiring diagram it seems Mic, Auto light data bus wires, and head roof console share the same connector K152(10-pin connector) most likely this connector is loose or the harness is broken.
Unfortunately, I can not find the exact location of this connector but my guess would be somewhere around the fuse box

3.png2.png1.png
You're an absolute hero! They forgot to connect 1 connector exactly at the spot you suggested it might be, the fuse box under the steering wheel.
I reconnected it and now everything works fine again. Thank you very much for your time and help! I would not have been able to fix this without your help :D
SAEED_KIZZY

I'm glad we were able to solve your problem.