Outer CV Joint

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
kizashiarm

Hey Guys,

So I have a problem here. I need to change my Outer CV Joints, but as I understood they don't sell them separately, you need to buy the whole CV Axle Shaft Assembly, which of course will be very expensive. So, there is an option to order just the joints if you know the measurements. If anybody encounters this problem, please, LMK.
Woodie

Labor is more expensive than parts. Unless there's something out of the ordinary about the Kizashi, replacing the entire axle assembly usually makes more sense.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
kizashiarm

Well, to replace only the joints will cost like $100 in my region but the axle assembly is like $600. I think I should get one out of my car and measure myself.
old tech

Alot of the japanese made axles are not meant to have outer cv joint come off. A one time fit where it would end up destroying the joint and clip getting it off. Im thinking the Kizashi axles are of this type. You dont have access to used ? These joints and boots are of top quality and typically outlast the car here unless the boot gets damaged. Im interested in what caused your failure. I have found the replacement outer boot.
kizashiarm

I was drifting too much on the snow and you better not do it with front-wheel drive :D