CVT - what is the recommended preventative work on it?

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
chazyouwin

At about 55k miles, I took the Kiz into a shop in Wayne New Jersey for CVT maintenance preventative work. The work was scheduled without question and cost about $450. I thought it was a sophisticated oil change of some kind. Early this summer, while getting the passenger seat recall work done for our Grand Vitara, I asked about getting the same work done since I'm now approaching 100k miles. The guy looked up my records and said nothing had been done on the Kizashi - there was no record of any work at this Wayne NJ shop on the CVT. He also said there was nothing scheduled on the recommended maintenance schedule. Am I confused or what? Are we or are we not supposed to have the CVT preventative maintenance serviced?
2010 Kizashi SLS FWD Gray; 2013 Grand Vitara 4wd red; 2012 SX4 blue; 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV black

Previous: 2002 XL-7 Limited (2); 1992 Accord; '91 Volvo; '85 Toyota; '84 Celica; '73 Mercedes.
Woodie

The original recommendation was for no service. When they started failing as if they were made out of glass, the recommended service was changed to 30,000 miles. Sounds as if that place flat out stole from you, it would be the last time I set foot in the place.

There's a member here named Old Tech who services Kizashi's near Pittsburgh, PA. It's quite a drive for you, but he has an improvement that makes the Kizashi CVT much more reliable. Would be worth taking a couple of days, go visit beautiful downtown Pittsburgh. LOL
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
chazyouwin

Thanks Woodie. I think the shop did perform the service, but the records somehow just did not get transferred to a new computer system. The work I recall seemed to involve a complete and thorough multi-stage CVT oil change.
2010 Kizashi SLS FWD Gray; 2013 Grand Vitara 4wd red; 2012 SX4 blue; 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV black

Previous: 2002 XL-7 Limited (2); 1992 Accord; '91 Volvo; '85 Toyota; '84 Celica; '73 Mercedes.