Cvt fluid help

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Uday

Hello I am making this post as I have a 2011 kizashi cvt FWD .I am from India due to mistake on part of our mechanic instead of putting cvt fluid he put close to 4 litres / 4 quarts of Castrol ATF dex/merc.Now I am very confused as to how to proceed further.the car has been parked for close to a week now and I am unable to find out what to do.Also I am unable to find information related to mesh filter and gasket in India so if I could get some information on which other companies carry thosespecific parts.Also in India only Suzuki green 2 is available is that cvt fluid ok?
old tech

This is how I would handle that. You’re going to need to get the dexron out of there. If you haven’t started the car since the dexron has been added, then drain the fluid and pull the pan and you’ll get all that you really need to get out of there. Then just refill with the CVT fluid NS2 equivalent . If you have started the engine and mixed all the fluids, what you’re going to want to do is pull the cooler hose at the transmission and start the car letting the fluid run out until fluid stops running and then shut the car off And then pull the pan and clean out all of that you can get refill with Cvt fluid and you’ll have to do it another time. As far as the filter screen, this is metal just can be cleaned up with a can of brake clean. If you need to change it for some reason it’s the same filter as, a Nissan Sentra or Suzuki SX4. Keep and reuse the original pan gasket. The aftermarket copies are no good. The dexron fluid is not going to really hurt anything itself but the fear would be letting the belt slip. This transmission is pretty quick to notice a belt slip and throw a code for speed sensor. If you didn’t happen to get enough of the dexron out of there and were to drive it , pay attention to check engine light and flush again if it were to throw a code.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SAEED_KIZZY

.Also in India only Suzuki green 2 is available is that cvt fluid ok?
according to my understanding, Suzuki GREEN 2 is the oil for second-generation CVT transmission this oil uses lower viscosity than the previous GREEN1 and is used in Suzuki newer cars after Kizashi, if you want to be on the safe side as old-tech suggested use NS-2 Nissan CVT oil which is available and compatible with Suzuki GREEN1 CVT oil.