Snow tires

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
DrAwesome821

Hi all, it's that time of year, and I of course got the wrong size (235/65R17, bought for another car and had them kicking around, they're like new but too big! they're on their own rims.). I've been struggling to find the correct size specs for my car (2012 Kizashi SE AWD w/ Leather Package), all I know is that I have the optional 18" rims. Would like to know what exactly I should be getting, as snow tires are expensive! Thanks!
2012 Kizashi SE AWD w/ Leather Package
Obama_is_hot6

DrAwesome821 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:36 pm Hi all, it's that time of year, and I of course got the wrong size (235/65R17, bought for another car and had them kicking around, they're like new but too big! they're on their own rims.). I've been struggling to find the correct size specs for my car (2012 Kizashi SE AWD w/ Leather Package), all I know is that I have the optional 18" rims. Would like to know what exactly I should be getting, as snow tires are expensive! Thanks!
yeah my car came stock with 235x45x18 and getting snow tires are kinda expensive which sucks. but yeah if your current ones dont fit i dont see why you gotta get new rims just when you buy new snow tires get lower profile ones like 235x50r17 or whatever. or am i not understanding your question
YUUUURT
DrAwesome821

Obama_is_hot6 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:28 am
DrAwesome821 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:36 pm Hi all, it's that time of year, and I of course got the wrong size (235/65R17, bought for another car and had them kicking around, they're like new but too big! they're on their own rims.). I've been struggling to find the correct size specs for my car (2012 Kizashi SE AWD w/ Leather Package), all I know is that I have the optional 18" rims. Would like to know what exactly I should be getting, as snow tires are expensive! Thanks!
yeah my car came stock with 235x45x18 and getting snow tires are kinda expensive which sucks. but yeah if your current ones dont fit i dont see why you gotta get new rims just when you buy new snow tires get lower profile ones like 235x50r17 or whatever. or am i not understanding your question
I figure I can sell the tires & rims (the rims aren't anything special, some knockoff brand) and use the money to buy a set that'll just go on my existing rims. Turns out the tires that came with the car aren't long for this world, so I'll be replacing those in the spring anyway. I'm gonna see if I can find a set of 235/50R17s and just mount them on the rims from the old car (same bolt pattern and width, so they should work, though they are uglier than sin).
Woodie

Have you tried putting them on the car? If they don't rub the fenders they'll work just fine. They'll raise the car up a bit giving it more ground clearance to go over the snow.

1.4 inches more ground clearance. 10% difference in odometer and speedometer readings, if your speedo reads 60 mph you're really going 66 mph. Will experience sluggish acceleration, but should get better highway mileage.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
DrAwesome821

Woodie wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:30 am Have you tried putting them on the car? If they don't rub the fenders they'll work just fine. They'll raise the car up a bit giving it more ground clearance to go over the snow.

1.4 inches more ground clearance. 10% difference in odometer and speedometer readings, if your speedo reads 60 mph you're really going 66 mph. Will experience sluggish acceleration, but should get better highway mileage.
They were way too big. I had them try fit them at the tire shop.

I ended up finding a set of 225/50R17 studded Hankooks for a good price, the hard part is gonna be finding a shop that'll put them on my spare rims (off an old Ford Taurus, oddly enough) before the end of the year, they're crazy booked out.